Amp the Cause
Position: Associate Director of Development
Location: Denver, CO
Amp the Cause is a Denver-based nonprofit organization that improves the lives of families through entertainment, annual events, and community service projects. We raise critical health and education funds, generate awareness of local charities, use monetary and in-kind donations to help children with life-threatening illnesses, and provide opportunities for kids to participate in educational programs in a safe and healthy environment.
Amp the Cause is looking for a motivated, resourceful Associate Director of Development who will be a dynamic ambassador of the organization and work closely with the President, VP of Development, and Executive Director to assist with the execution of all aspects of the development functions of the organization. The Associate Director of Development will support the creation and implementation of a robust corporate and individual cultivation plan. Together with the VP of Development, the Associate Director of Development will be a critical force in driving this successful organization to the next level focusing on corporate cultivation, donor stewardship, individual giving programs, foundation support, earned revenue streams and fundraising events.
The Associate Director of Development is a full-time position with an office in Denver, Colorado.
Report to: President, VP of Development, and Executive Director
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years in:
- Development field with leadership experience.
- Achieving revenue targets greater than $750,000.
- Cultivating corporate and individual donors and donor stewardship.
- Successful fundraising event experience.
- Proven experience and knowledge of fundraising principles and techniques for securing new, corporate, individual, and foundational donors.
- Moves management experience to successfully grow the capacity of existing donors.
- Ability to create and modify internal and external systems.
- Experience and expertise in planning and executing fundraising events of various sizes and revenue amounts.
- Ability to seek out, cultivate and steward corporate sponsors of fundraising events and programs to bring them to the next level of support.
- Results-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within budget and deadlines while remaining calm under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Articulate, polished, and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, with a team with a high level of energy and can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated administrative skills.
- BA/BS degree.
- Alongside the President, VP of Development, and Executive Director, execute a comprehensive fundraising plan for Amp the Cause with a focus on current and new corporate and individual donors.
- Utilize management system to track prospects and existing sponsors to assist in determining next steps in individual cultivation and stewardship plans.
- Raise the level of sophistication in fundraising programs to improve the results among smaller donors to increase annual fund donor base and amounts raised.
- Plan and execute all logistics surrounding fundraising events as determined by President, VP of Development, and Executive Director.
- Seek out and cultivate new corporate sponsorship prospects for programs and events.
- Steward current corporate and individual sponsors as assigned.
- Assist in ensuring that every donor group has a clear strategy and timeline for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship and make recommendations as asked.
- Work closely with event staff and support event coordination and execution.
- Assist with board meetings and board management as assigned.