POSITION TITLE: Associate Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Depending on region may participate in supervising staff such as Development/Administrative Assistant.
LOCATION: Denver, CO
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), founded in 1913, is the nation’s premier civil rights/human relations agency, fighting anti-Semitism all forms of bigotry and hate, defending democratic ideals, and protecting civil rights for all. ADL achieves its mission through disseminating information to raise awareness, education youth, training law enforcement, speaking out in defense of civil liberties, and advocating for policies and positions that promote social justice.
Identify and cultivate donors and implement targeted solicitation strategies designed to increase the donor base and close gifts. Develop, plan and execute targeted community fundraising events to achieve defined regional goals. Staff leadership development programs for Sturm Leadership Fellows (Glass Leadership Institute) and NextGen360 (post-Sturm graduates).
- Assist the Director of Development in setting fundraising priorities and establishing financial goals.
- In consultation with the Director of Development, identify, cultivate, build and solidify relationships with new and established contributors. Analyze historic patterns of giving and assist in developing strategies to encourage new gifts and increase contributions. Directly solicit and close gifts from prospects and maintain relationships through mail, phone or in-person contacts. Coordinate direct mail campaigns. Ensure, either personally or through subordinate staff, that required donor records are maintained.
- Plan, organize and execute fundraising events such as corporate and professional dinners, parlor meetings and special events. Organize event committee meetings; mentor event chairs and co-chairs. Coordinate event program, honorees and attendees. Prepare program outlines and related publicity materials. Initiate and respond to media contacts to promote awareness of ADL fundraising events and honorees. Assign responsibilities and monitor subordinate staff and volunteers in preparation for, during and after the event.
- Work with the Regional Director of Development and Regional Director to stimulate effective leadership participation in fundraising. Provide staff support for Sturm Leadership Fellows (Glass Leadership Institute) and NextGen360. Solicit and cultivate relationships with participants, and create opportunities for their on-going engagement.
- Participate in programmatic events to define and enhance fundraising potential.
- Cultivate and maintain community relationships and community outreach. Identify potential speakers and may establish a speaker’s bureau.
- Contribute to regional management by participating in overall regional office administration.
- Participate in special assignments or projects to assist the Regional Director, Director of Development, or a representative at the National level.
- Participate in development-related functions such as marketing, design/preparation of print materials, event logistics, and post-event follow up based on individual skills and office needs.
- Good organizational and administrative skills including the ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability to solicit and close gifts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good oral and written presentation skills.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and database management software (Salesforce experience is a plus).
- Minimum five years of community fundraising experience.
- Experience in direct solicitation and closing gifts.
- Event planning experience.
- Volunteer management.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
ADL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local legislation.