Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervises and monitors the work of the tax audit staff for expeditious, thorough and accurate auditing; resolves procedural, auditing, and accounting problems.
• Assigns and monitors work and oversees the completion of audits and projects.
• Develops, plans and prioritizes audit schedules; assigns and/or approves audit schedules.
• Delegates various objectives, goals, work tasks and projects to tax audit staff.
• Continually coaches and evaluates audit staff, works to develop their knowledge and skills, trains on audit standards, policies and procedures.
• Assists Tax Manager in developing long-range audit planning and implement operational change management to ensure the most efficient use of audit resources and personnel.
• Assists Tax Manager in developing taxpayer educational program goals; conducts seminars.
• Carries out assigned objectives necessary to promote improved levels of service and accomplish city work plan goals and objectives.
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field; six years of professional auditing experience; and two years of experience in supervising professional staff or leading projects in an auditing environment are required. Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's License. An equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.