Be part of a successful, growing company and a dynamic team that provides HR services that support a 145-person architectural firm. This is a combination role that is ideal for candidates who enjoy diversity in their daily work and are interested in contributing to multiple HR functions including: benefits, payroll, performance management, on-boarding and off boarding, compliance, and learning & development.
This role serves as a liaison for the HR department to the entire firm and the primary objective is to be a catalyst for information, support, and service that boosts employee assimilation and engagement. This person will be an ambassador for service, kindness, inclusion, helping others succeed, smart HR/business practices, ethical behavior, and working hard.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Benefits – Coordinate benefit programs for medical, dental, vision, disability, life, COBRA, FSA, HSA, and accident insurance. Facilitate orientation meetings for all programs. Process new enrollments, terminations, enrollment changes, beneficiary updates, and address changes. Generate and distribute employee notices at arrival and departure. Coordinate invoicing with carriers and accounting. Provide reports for payroll integration, annual IRS reporting and compliance and ad hoc needs. Monitor new regulations and required compliance. Support the team with annual open enrollment efforts. Support Benefits Administrator with leave of absence management.
• 401(k) plan – Coordinate enrollments, terminations, and facilitate new employee orientations as needed.
• On-boarding and Off-boarding – Facilitate several new employee orientations and conduct exit logistics meetings and exit interviews. Report exit-interview findings as needed.
• Performance Management – Support BA’s performance management process. Enter new employees, assign goals and forms, process terminations, run reports, track participation, communicate program details, and provide system technical support to all employees.
• Learning and Development – Coordinate HR related and 401K-related learning event logistics.
• General Team Support – Provide support for Covid-19 management, JotForm survey development, filing, and team projects. Host department communication, information, and resources on the company intranet.
• Two years of benefit administration experience and proficiency in benefit administration websites and client portals.
• Proficiency in facilitating web-based, virtual based meetings (Teams, Go-to-Meeting, Zoom).
• Previous experience and enjoyment in helping others learn. Specific experience in facilitating HR orientation programs and technical training sessions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Exchange, Teams, Word, and Excel.
• Strong discipline and fiduciary commitment to handling confidential information.
• Familiarity with employment laws.
• Previous experience providing service in a multi-site organization.
• Familiarity with employment laws AZ, CA, CO, NC, and TX.
• PHR or SHRM-CP
• Proficiency in HRIS programs
• Understanding of ACA, FFCRA, and ARPA
• Previous experience hosting a website page
• Prior experience with architecture or other professional services
• Associates degree
Preferred work style – candidates with the following attributes would have the most success in this role:
• Reliable, organized, and efficient work style
• Friendly, inclusive, and service oriented
• Strong attention to detail
• Open communication
The salary range for this hourly, non-exempt position is equivalent to an annual salary range between $40,000-$60,000, depending on experience.
We also offer employees a full benefits package including (but not limited to) medical, dental, vision, life, short term disability and long term disability insurance, a 401-k plan with an employer match and paid vacation, sick, holiday and volunteer time.
For full consideration, please submit a complete application, cover letter and resume here.
Thank you for your interest in our firm!