The Building Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance and repairs of VOA Denver Metro affordable housing facilities; supervises maintenance and janitorial staff, ensures buildings, equipment and grounds are safe, and in good repair at all times; monitors the facilities to ensure they meet all safety and health requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assigns and supervises the daily work maintenance and janitorial staff (Sunset Park Apartments only).
• Assists the Community Administrator in monitoring the performance of third-party vendor contracts to ensure work order completion and reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services and labor for projects, at all Denver Metro Communities.
• Coordinates vendors, orders supplies, schedules make readies, compiles work orders and make readies in the computer and ensures all work is accomplished within time and quality standards set forth by Volunteers of America.
• Assists Director of Affordable Housing Buildings and Maintenance with monitoring of overall building maintenance, repairs and oversight of Denver Metro Portfolio, which consists of 750+ units.
• Conducts pre-inspection of all properties in preparation for all REAC inspections.
• Recruits, hires trains and supervises housing maintenance staff, temporaries in accordance with Volunteers of America personnel policies and procedures.
• Performs maintenance and repairs on facilities, equipment and grounds, which require a working knowledge of the following fields: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, heating, HVAC.
• Addresses safety related issues that present a possible hazard to residents, employees or the public. Conducts safety inspections and trains maintenance staff on safety and emergency procedures including compliance with OSHA, EPA, Federal and State building and safety codes.
• Maintains a weekly log to ensure scheduled and preventive maintenance programs are enforced. Works with Community Administrators to ensure that preventative maintenance is being completed and documented at all properties. Reviews logs for discrepancies
• Ensures facilities are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly manner and complies with agency standards.
• Attend meetings and staff development activities as assigned, utilizing a teamwork orientation.
• Maintaining proper work order procedures and related documentation as well as Quality Assurance inspections of completed work orders and vendor related work performance, according to Volunteers of America guidelines.
• Maintains and repairs exterior grounds and landscaping via in house staff or vendor.
• Responsible for maintaining exceptional building and grounds curb appeal.
• Ensure building is REAC ready at all times
• Provides after hours, weekend and holiday emergency coverage as needed, as well as supervision of Building Maintenance Technicians in on-call rotation. Brief new maintenance staff members on procedures, goals and the community.
• Prepares on-call schedule
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Models core culture attributes of VOACO that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
• Models and VOACO’s three critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
• Maintenance Technician
• Janitor (if applicable)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Minimum of 5 years experiences in building maintenance or equivalent.
• Minimum of 3 years supervisor experiences in the housing maintenance industry.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and relate well to people with diverse backgrounds.
• Valid Colorado Driver License, insurance verification and good driving record.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Experiences with HUD REAC inspections.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Strong interpersonal leadership skills.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Computer skills required – Excel, Word and Outlook.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
• There will be work related travel.
• Must be capable of using and extension ladder to make repairs as needed.
• Must be able to perform emergency maintenance.
• Bending, Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling, Reaching, Crouching, Squatting, Lifting (30 to 50 pounds), Balancing, Standing, Sitting, Hand/Foot motions, Walking, Seeing (Close and distant vision, Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Assess, Estimate), Depth Perception, Hearing/Listening, Speaking/Shouting (Communicate, Discern, Convey, Express, Exchange), Use of Hands/Fingers (Grasping, Holding, Touching), Thinking, Calculating, Memory/Recall, Exposure to Indoor and Outdoor environments
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• This position is a full-time position expected to work Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..
• Required to provide after hours, weekend and holiday emergency coverage as needed.
• EXPECTED TO WORK ADDITIONAL HOURS IN PREPARATION FOR ANY UPCOMING REAC INSPECTION AT ANY OR ALL FACILITIES.
• REQUIRED TO CARRY SUPERVISOR PHONE AND BE AVAILABLE TO ON-CALL TECHNICIANS.
• Sunset Park Apartments 1865 Larimer Street Denver, CO 80202
Salary: $25.75 per hour
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance/Work Life Balance Program
Employee Discount Program
LifeLock with Norton