Signing Bonus: $1500
The Building Maintenance Technician I is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all VOA facilities under the direction of the supervisor or lead maintenance technician; ensures buildings, equipment and grounds are safe, and in good repair at all times; may be required to supervise volunteers; monitors the facilities to ensure they meet all safety and health requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Under the direction from supervisor or lead maintenance technician, performs maintenance and repairs on affordable housing facilities equipment and grounds, which require a working knowledge of the following fields: appliances, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, landscaping and janitorial.
• Identify and address safety related issues that present a possible hazard to the clients, employees, facilities or the public.
• Assists in monitoring apartment make ready schedule ensuring a timely rent ready unit.
• Assists in monitoring service requests ensuring 24-hour completion.
• Conducts daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and bi-annual preventive maintenance.
• Ensures facilities are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly manner that complies with agency standards.
• Attends meetings and staff development activities as assigned, utilizing a teamwork orientation.
• Accountable for maintaining proper work order procedures and related documentation according to Volunteers of America guidelines.
• Responsible for maintaining exceptional building and grounds curb appeal.
• Carries out after hours, weekend and holiday emergency coverage as scheduled.
• Ensure you building is REAC ready at all times
• Acting as a mentor to Maintenance Technician I
• Inventories building supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Models core culture attributes of VOACO that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
• Models and VOACO’s three critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
• There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• High school diploma or its equivalent.
• One year of previous maintenance technician experience.
• Knowledge of all hand and power tools and their uses.
• Valid Colorado Driver’s License, insurance verification and good driving record.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and maintain good relations with residents and employees.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• At least one-year direct experience in building maintenance or trade school certificate
• CFC certifications desired.
• CAMT certification desired.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Basic reading, writing and math aptitude.
• Communication and people skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• There will be some work- related travel.
• Must be capable of using an extension ladder to make repairs as needed.
• Must be able to perform emergency maintenance.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• This position is a full-time position expected to work Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..
• Required to provide after hours, weekend and holiday emergency coverage as scheduled or needed.
• Expected to work additional hours in preparation for any upcoming REAC inspection at any or all facilities.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, expertise, proficiency and market bench marking.
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance/Work Life Balance Program
Employee Discount Program
LifeLock with Norton