1. In accordance with licensing standards and organizational guidelines,
implements a high quality early childhood education program for preschoolers
based on parent input, staff assessment of individual children's needs and
strengths, Teaching Strategies Gold and CLASS assessment.
2. Adequately staffs facilities according to licensing and Head Start
standards. Directly or indirectly supervises all education staff and the food
program. Hires, coaches, directs, and evaluates supervisees as assigned
in conjunction with Head Start Director.
3. Reviews performance of team members on a regular basis with input provided
by the Education, Disabilities and Mental Health Coordinator and relevant
partners or consultants, and provides staff with constructive feedback
regarding their performance.
4. Works closely with the Head Start Education, Disabilities and Mental
Health Coordinator to ensure that the operation of the Head Start classrooms
meet or exceeds Head Start performance standards. Collaborates
with ECE Director to conduct program evaluations.
5. Responsible for the monitoring of the program budget and billing processes
for the Child and Adult Care Food Program, the Denver Preschool Program,
the Colorado Preschool Program, the Colorado Child Care Assistance
Program, private pay and Head Start In-kind. Closely monitors
expenditures, and reports variances to the ECE Director.
6. Ensures that the facilities are maintained in a clean and orderly manner
and that the buildings are in compliance with state health department and fire
department codes and state Child Care licensing regulations.
Project Manager, Early Childhood Education
Job Description – continued
7. Along with ECE Director, ensures that all areas of non-compliance with
the state child care licensing, health department and fire department are
rectified within the required time frame.
8. Facilitates daily communication between parents and staff to ensure that
everyone is informed of children's accomplishments, activities, and
needs as well as special activities and events occurring at the center.
Assists with parent committee and community events.
9. Coordinates inventory and purchase of needed supplies.
10. Prepares, submits, and maintains internal and external
reports/documents in accordance with local, state, and federal,
regulations/guidelines and best practices.
11. Teaches in classroom if necessary.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.