Judi's House/JAG Institute (JH/JAG) is the only free-standing organization in Metro Denver devoted solely to supporting grieving youth and families through comprehensive care, research, education, and advocacy. Its mission is to help children and families grieving a death find connection and healing. Since 2002, JH/JAG has supported nearly 10,000 individuals, and educated many thousands more, toward the vision that no child should be alone in grief. The integration of research and practice in a community-based center has uniquely positioned JH/JAG to create social change around the issue of childhood bereavement, elevating it as a public priority and serving as a national leader in the effort to increase access to effective grief care for bereaved children and families.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Judi's House/JAG Institute leads the organization and provides oversight to ensure goals are achieved through teamwork, collaboration, and strategic partnerships. This seasoned, process minded, and action focused leader must have experience leading teams and developing a service-oriented performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals. Business acumen in the areas of nonprofit finance, operations, administration, fundraising, and strategic planning are necessary. Importantly, the successful CEO will have the management and leadership skills to tap into strengths each team member brings to this mission, facilitating internal and external accountability to all stakeholders.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES SOUGHT:
• 10+ years of experience in senior leadership positions in comparable sized organization(s).
• High level of business acumen and broad experience with strategic planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, facility management, sustainability planning, development, and marketing.
• Ability to establish and enhance strong working relationships across an organization, throughout the community, and nationally.
• Experience working with an active and involved Board of Directors.
• Strategic and innovative thinker with proven ability to communicate vision and drive results.
• Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic teams.
• Exceptional capacity for managing, supporting, and leading staff.
• Strong organizational problem resolution and decision-making skills.
• Skills in effectively growing organization and staff capacity, developing processes that ensure efficiency.
• Experience successfully engaging and collaborating with diverse stakeholder groups.
• Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
• Respected professional capable of independent donor acquisition and cultivation.
• Flexible self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail oriented.
• Enthusiastically communicate a clear strategic vision for the organization.
• Provide guidance and direction to the Leadership Team in development of strategic initiatives, annual operating budget, and key performance indicators.
• Foster an empowered environment that maintains an effective and high-performance team that successfully builds on opportunities for growth and expanded reach.
• Support development and implementation of effective technology solutions.
• Present to the Board of Directors at quarterly meetings and serve on board committees as needed.
• Ensure the Board of Directors is kept abreast of the affairs of Judi's House on a regular basis, by providing ongoing education to its members on issues germane to strategic initiatives and overall vision.
• Cultivate the values of JH/JAG within the organization and foster a healthy and productive culture for all staff, board members, volunteers, clients, and other community stakeholders.
• Provide leadership in the growth of initiatives while cultivating organizational change management.
• Oversee the internal operations of the organization, including financial, legal, administrative, human resources (HR), information technology (IT), physical infrastructure, development, communications, and the operational components of all initiatives.
• Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress of goals for the organization.
Strategic Relations and External Affairs:
• Drive the vision and strategy of JH/JAG through strategic alliances with community and business leaders, as well as the larger bereavement and health care fields.
• Represent JH/JAG in the community, increasing visibility and awareness, promoting initiatives, and building meaningful relationships with related parties.
• Collaborate with community, civic, governmental, and educational leaders to strengthen the relationships of those constituencies.
Fundraising and Development:
• Supervise and support oversight of JH/JAG development plans and activities and participate in ongoing fundraising efforts.
• Actively engage in the solicitation and cultivation of individual donors, foundations, and corporate supporters to sustain the annual fund, special events, campaigns, and other fundraising priorities.
• When determined that a special development campaign (e.g., capital campaign) will be implemented, contribute guidance in the strategic development and execution of the program.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk as well as bend, squat, and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
JUDI'S HOUSE CORE VALUES:
Judi's House expects to achieve its vision by adhering to three core values: Compassion, Accountability, and Respect. Nothing is more important than having a team of people that incorporates these values and holds each other accountable for living this culture every day at Judi's House.
It is the policy of Judi's House to prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, gender, veteran status, political service, affiliation, or disability.
All offers are conditional on successful background checks. Our background checks include a search on the National Sex Offenders registry, and local, state, and federal criminal databases.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an organization where everyone pitches in to get done what needs to be done.