Purpose-driven nonprofit seeking innovative CEO to help unleash the potential of entrepreneurs and microbusinesses.
WHAT WE DO
Since 2008, Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute (RMMFI) has been making an impact. We are a business incubator and financing organization focused on reimagining social and economic mobility. As a highly intentional and purpose-driven organization, RMMFI is guided by its North Star, which states: People are unstoppable forces. Life circumstances are real and sometimes overwhelming, yet they should not determine what we can do in the present or be in the future. We believe everyone should be free to make choices to activate the possible. RMMFI creates the space for communities and people of all backgrounds to realize their unique potential through the power of entrepreneurship.
In the world of business, microbusinesses (those with five or fewer employees) are often overlooked, but did you know an annual increase of just $5,000 in revenues per microbusiness would generate more than $20 billion for our economy?
This CEO position at RMMFI would allow a unique opportunity to support to these influential microbusinesses – many of which are women-and minority-owned – making a positive impact on our economy in the process.
This role is the key management leader of RMMFI and is responsible for adhering to and continuing to align all initiatives to our North Star. Additionally, this role will oversee organizational administration and programs, and will drive achievement of objectives defined in the strategic plan. Other key duties include fundraising, impact, and community outreach to fuel scalable growth for the organization. This position reports directly to the RMMFI’s Board of Directors.
Areas of Responsibility
WHAT YOU WILL DO
● Board Governance: Works with the board to fulfill the RMMFI’s mission.
○ Lead RMMFI in a manner that supports the mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
○ Communicate effectively with the Board and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure financial health of the organization.
- Lead and support the Development department in fundraising efforts and develop other revenues necessary to support the RMMFI mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the RMMFI, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Oversee organizational fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget; ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of RMMFI in a positive financial position.
- RMMFI Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Implementation of the programs that carry out the North Star.
- Reinforce the support of entrepreneurs from a variety of high-barrier backgrounds through Idea, Launch, and Thrive programs with the goal to inspire, support, educate, invest, connect, and advocate for inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- Develop and implement the strategic planning process to ensure that the RMMFI can successfully fulfill its North Star and long-term goals into the future.
- Represent and enhance the RMMFI image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of RMMFI are appropriately managed.
- Attract, recruit, develop, motivate, retain, and reward a high-quality staff. Manage and oversee the effective administration of the operations of RMMFI.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
- A minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience in a leadership role at a nonprofit and working with a Board of Directors
- Experience in starting and running a small business preferred.
- Experience in and understanding of microfinance economic development.
- Proven success in developing staff and cultivating a culture of transparency and accountability.
- Proven success in fundraising and development at previous organizations.
- Proven history of successful networking and collaboration with other individuals and organizations.
- Consistent, clear, and compassionate communication with multiple stakeholders (e.g. staff, board, members, program participants) from a variety of backgrounds, with a proven ability to adapt and lead in the current remote/virtual environment.
- Experience helping groups identify areas of bias and working through blind spots related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- History of developing a broad range of competencies developed throughout professional experience, including program development and evaluation, financial and organizational management, people management, coaching, and fundraising and community engagement
WHAT OUR ORGANIZATION IS PROVIDING
- Expected annual salary range $150,000 – $175,000
- Bonus potential ranging from 5%-10% of base salary.
- RMMFI pays up to 3% match of an employee’s contribution to a Simple IRA savings plan.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- RMMFI contributes up to 50% of Kaiser Permanente medical insurance premium.
- RMMFI contributes up to 100% of premium for Vision and Dental care.
- Flex Spending Account
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Professional development budget for self and team.
- Time off
- Paid time off starting at 15 days annually
- 48 hours of sick time off annually.
- 10+ paid holidays.
How To Apply
Apply using the following link: https://rmmfi.breezy.hr/p/6e329724a5e6-chief-executive-officer