General Position Description
In conjunction with the Board of Directors, the CEO develops and executes the strategic vision for RMC Health in accordance with its mission to empower champions for healthy students and schools. The CEO implements that vision through detailed plans and effective operations, making difficult decisions that require flexibility, adaptation, and trade-offs. The CEO is responsible for enhancing and maintaining a strong culture that drives the organization and its staff to achieve excellence. The CEO ensures long-term financial sustainability and drives long-term stability and value-added impact to RMC’s partner relationships.
What Does it Take?
Leading RMC Health successfully into its next chapter of growth and impact requires a highly capable leader who is committed to our mission and who knows how to build organization capacity. Qualified candidates will have skills and experience in these areas:
Strengths and Talents
- Leader: Confident, respectful, steady and enthusiastic; respects and values multiple views and input; unites stafftoward a common vision; manages organizational growth while continuing commitment to organizational compassion, passion and empathy
- Communicator: An exceptional written and verbal communicator; a good listener; a clear, direct and succinct communicator; well-spoken and comfortable with public speaking
- Team builder: Open, supportive and empathetic; someone who is invested and has a track record of growing others; ability to build a high performing team
- Strategist: Visionary; a long-term strategic thinker; a problem-solver, nimble and responsive to changing environments
- Unifier: The ability to synthesize multiple, competing agendas into a unified strategy; the ability to inspire and mobilize others
- Influencer: The ability to influence and persuade others
- Manager: Well organized; disciplined; comfortable with delegating
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience with specific experience leading a team to accomplish challenging goals. Experience working in an educational setting (e.g., school, school district, state education agency), public health, or nonprofit/community-based organization preferred.
- Familiarity with, and ability to build support for, concepts such as health equity; health disparities; social determinants of health; risk and protective factors; Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child model; best practices; evidence-based practices.
- Experience in developing and implementing a strategic vision for an organization and building buy-in to that vision with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in working with and cultivating relationships with major funders including foundations andgovernment agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in working with a governing board.
- Leadership experience in managing financial operations, building revenue streams, and recruiting and leading a high performing staff.
- A track record of credibility and relationships with diverse constituents across Colorado and nationally.
- Understanding of how to deliver effective customer service.
- Partner with all members of the organization in both strategic and tactical matters to further the mission and strategies of the organization.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks with accuracy and respond to changing priorities.
- Asset-based orientation.
- Learning mindset and continuous improvement.
- Ability to be self-reflective.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Ability to hold multiple perspectives and the skills to foster relationships with all levels of employees, partners, and clients.
- Ability to accept and give feedback freely and honestly.
- Ability to thrive with minimal direction and supervision in potentially ambiguous and changing environments.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree highly preferred; other significant leadership experience will be considered in lieu of formal degree completion.
- Ability to travel, as needed, in-state and out-of-state.
The salary range for this leadership role is $110,000 – $130,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. RMC Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and disability insurance coverage, 401(k) retirement saving plans, and a generous holiday/paid-time-off policy. RMC’s office environment is relaxed with a culture of accountability allows for significant workplace flexibility.