YMCA of the Rockies – Chief Financial Officer Opening
YMCA of the Rockies, which operates two mission-based family and group conference centers and a summer camp, is looking for a strategic Chief Financial Officer who will be responsible for long-term financial planning, operational efficiency, sound internal controls and effective financial management. As a member of the executive management team, the CFO provides visionary leadership for the organization by working with the team to establish long-range goals, strategies, and plans and working collaboratively with staff to ensure implementation and long-term financial sustainability.
The CFO is responsible for the entire range of financial activity for the Association, including the development of financial strategy and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve and grow organizational assets and to report accurate financial results. The CFO formulates and recommends policies on banking, receipt and disbursement of funds, extension of credit, fiscal and accounting matters. The CFO is a both a leader and a manager who is responsible for the development of standard accounting, analysis and reporting procedures, and for exercise of overall financial control.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead the organization’s financial strategies.
- Ability to lead the Accounting team and delegate assignments as needed while hiring, training and managing the Accounting Manager.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Establish and administer a plan for the control of operations, including an operating budget, a capital budget, and a cash flow budget in order to maintain a financially sound and sustainable Association.
- Manage idle funds so they are securely invested to meet future needs.
- Recommend and execute any financing the Association determines is necessary.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the Association’s pricing strategy.
- Report operating results on a timely and consistent basis.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Compare performance to plans and interpret results.
- Consult with management in the areas of planning, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and/or review reports for governmental agencies. Assure compliance to governmental regulations as they relate to finance.
- Responsible for systems and controls in force which meet Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; and preparation for an annual external audit of those systems and controls.
- Protect assets of the Association through internal control methods, insurance coverage and risk management program.
- Maintain the financial records of the Association.
- Ability to be innovative and forward thinking and to balance strategic thinking and acting.
- Serve as a resource to the President/CEO, staff and Board of Directors, including staff liaison to finance committee, audit committee and investment subcommittee.
- Monitor legal issues concerning the Association.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in accounting, auditing or related financial experience is required, including the managing the financing of a $15+ million organization; non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience managing and overseeing investments.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to the YMCA of the Rockies’ mission.
- Personal support of the fundraising campaigns of the Association.
- Recommend changes that could improve the professionalism and efficiency of Association.
$155,000 – $175,000 annually which includes a comprehensive benefits package: health benefit plan options, participation in the YMCA Retirement Fund, including a YMCA contribution of 12% of annual salary after two years and optional participation in a 403(b) and generous paid time off including vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Courtney Hill, email@example.com.
Application deadline is February 3, 2020.