Colorado Center for Medical Laboratory Science, Affiliate Faculty
Salary for Announcement
Commensurate with education and experience.
Innovative and Lifelong Learning
Part-Time Affiliate Faculty
Affiliate faculty members for the Colorado Center for Medical Laboratory Science teach lecture and student laboratory classes in assigned instructional areas of the curriculum. Instruction includes lab preparation. The instructors also evaluate the educational effectiveness of all assigned coursework and revise and update course content as needed or as assigned by the director. The position performs other course and Center functions as assigned.Qualified applicants will be placed in the departmental pool and will be considered for part-time departmental needs beginning Fall 2019 through Spring 2022.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employee.
1. Provides classroom and student laboratory instruction as assigned including preparation of laboratory exercises, samples, instrumentation and associated computer reports. 2. Designs and administers written and practical assessments for assigned courses and evaluates student achievement.
3. Provides guidance to assigned lab instructors and assistants. 4. Pursues ongoing continuing education.
5. Demonstrates dependability, initiative, cooperation and diplomacy in Center environment.
6. On occasion, may require the ability to lift up to 20 pounds which can include, but is not limited to: set up/tear down instrumentation for Labs, unpacking supply boxes, and preparing BIO trash for pick-up.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Affiliate Faculty are part-time, at-will employees hired to teach on a per credit hour basis for specific classes, as needed, usually on a semester by semester basis. Affiliate Faculty are not eligible for benefit coverage under the College’s benefit program. All such teaching assignments are dependent on budget and enrollment. An Affiliate Faculty member’s duties include: meeting assigned classes or delivering on-line content consistent with university, college/school, and department policies; providing instruction in assigned classes consistent with the content and learning objectives of the regular course syllabus and if appropriate, with department course coordination policies; being available, either face to face or electronically, to students in assigned classes to provide additional academic support as needed and appropriate for the teaching assignment; and complying with college-wide student evaluation of instruction policies and peer observations policies.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in medical laboratory science or related scientific field.
2. Completion of a National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)-approved program including rotation through all clinical areas.
3. Certification as a registered medical technologist (MT) or medical laboratory scientist (MLS) through the American Society for Clinical Pathology.
4. Three years experience in laboratory science in a clinical setting.
1. Masters degree in medical laboratory science or related scientific field.
2. Demonstrable teaching ability. 3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT)
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT:In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply vai the online applciations system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
If you have been previously employed by the department you will only need to resubmit a revised resume.
If you have not been previously employed by the department you will need to submit all fo the request documentation.
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Thank you for considering employment at Metropolitan State University of Denver! We would like to know how you heard about MSU Denver and our Career Site. Please select the category below that describes how you heard about the position you are applying for.
- msudenver.edu Career Site
- A friend or colleague
- Andrew Hudson
- Colorado State Home page
- Current MSU Denver Employee
- Google Jobs Search
- Higher Ed Jobs
- The Chronicle of Higher Education