The Town of Breckenridge Administration Department is seeking a uniquely qualified individual for the position of Communications & Marketing Coordinator. The individual in this position will be responsible for implementing the Town's strategic external and internal communications, serving as the Town's Public Information Officer, and working closely on Town marketing initiatives with the Breckenridge Tourism Office.
The individual in this role provides input for the development of the Town's strategic communications, community relations, media relations, marketing, and public and employee engagement/outreach efforts that support the Breckenridge Vision, and the Town's Mission and Values & Philosophies. This position cultivates relationships with key community members, serves as the Town's point of contact with members of the media, presents information to groups and facilitates meetings/events, as needed, and acts as a liaison for town-wide events, within and outside the organization. The individual in this role will also be responsible for implementing marketing, e-marketing, social media and general communication for the Town.
This position works with other departments and leadership, developing the Town's initiatives for community engagement. They must anticipate public perception of decisions and programs and recommend appropriate action.
Essential Job Functions
For additional information regarding this position including important roles, essential job functions and duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, materials and equipment used, working environment, and physical activity required, please view the full position description.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct work experience in one or more of the following is required: Communications, Social Media Communications, Marketing, E-Marketing, Public Relations and/or Events.
- Experience and ability to proficiently use a variety of computer programs, including but not limited to: MS Office, HTML, CMS, various graphic design software programs, and various social media platforms.
- Must have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; and experience crafting content for traditional and social media space.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in a related field (Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Public Administration or closely related field) is preferred. Master's degree is desired.
- Government or Non-profit Organization experience is preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Valid Colorado drivers license at time of hire.
Qualified applicants must attached the following with their online application:
- Cover Letter
The work schedule for this position is typically Monday through Friday 8-5, however the individual in this position must be flexible in terms of availability and may be required to work shifts as needed to meet business needs, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.