The Manager will be extensively involved with content creation in the form of press releases, blog content, social media postings, email newsletters and video production. This person will plan and coordinate event logistics including Colorado Ski Country’s annual industry conference with 150 industry attendees, national and in-state media events. The Communications Manager will be joining a small close-knit team where coordination with and support for other team members is expected by all.
• Develop and execute annual strategic communications plan and budget in concert with other CSCUSA departments and the Public Affairs Director.
• Serve as an on- and off-the-record source for members of the media covering the ski industry in in-state, regional and national media outlets.
• Respond to media inquiries in an effective and timely manner.
• Create tools used to pitch media including drafting press releases, story pitches, newsletters, email blasts and other correspondence. Track all media exposure.
• Manage CSCUSA’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn to share ski industry news, create brand awareness and expand CSCUSA’s and member ski area’s digital reach and influence.
• Manage CSCUSA’s photo library, media contact database and seasonal video production in conjunction with other members of the communications and program departments.
• Plan and execute the logistics of national and in-state events including media market visits and meetings with media.
• Conduct ongoing media tracking and media list building using industry databases like Cision to constantly monitor and update movements in the media industry.
• Lead planning and execution of CSCUSA’s annual industry conference of 150 ski industry professionals, including contract with venue, speakers and registration with assistance of CSCUSA team.
• Manage the CSCUSA blog, including original content creation and other website updates.Manage a team of independent contractors to produce original content for the CSCUSA blog, including managing deadlines and serve as the editor for content ideas and story pitches.
• Develop copy for CSCUSA’s pass programs and two annual gatherings.
• All other duties assigned by the Public Affairs Director or the President and CEO.
• Three to four years of current or recent hands-on, full-time work experience in communications and/or public relations, including demonstrated track record with media relations.
• Excellent writing, copy-writing and editing skills.
• Strong experience with event planning and event management.
• Strong experience managing social media accounts.
• Must be extremely well-organized and able to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously.
• Ability to travel independently to key domestic markets and within Colorado.
• Ability to attend meetings and events throughout ski country and desire to develop deep knowledge and understanding of ski area offerings.
• Intermediate (or higher) skiing and snowboarding skills.
Additional Desired Skills
• Knowledge of the Colorado ski/snowboard industry or travel/tourism industry.
• Knowledge of content strategy and experience creating long-form and short-form content including press releases, blogs and social media copy.
This is a fulltime position, is based in CSCUSA’s offices in Denver, CO and has a salary range of $50,000-$58,000 depending on experience. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of the likely hiring range for the position.
Current Additional Benefits:
• Use of two Gold Passes which allow unlimited skiing and riding at CSCUSA member resorts.
• Health, dental and vision insurance. Employee contribution required.
• Paid vacation and sick leave.
• 401(k) retirement program with employer match.
CSCUSA welcomes all qualified applicants to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org until the position is filled.
Candidates selected by CSCUSA for an interview will be contacted via email.