Based in downtown Denver, GBSM is a consulting firm with a 30+ year track record of providing management consulting, corporate communications and public affairs services to a blue-chip clientele. Their clients are a mix of national non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies, water and transportation providers, higher education institutions and established public and private companies. It’s a small but high-powered firm with a fast paced, spirited environment, a collaborative team, fascinating clients, and work that makes a difference.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
GBSM’s associates work with the firm’s principals and senior associates to provide thoughtful and expert execution of communications and business strategies. They will also assist with the development of the strategies we develop for clients. Specific work includes helping to coordinate public involvement projects, write business and communications materials, coordinate engagement of stakeholders, policymakers, media and other audiences, support issues and crisis communications, and manage traditional and non-traditional communication channels.
Among other responsibilities, the Associate will:
- Assist the team as it communicates on behalf of clients among stakeholder groups, news media, elected officials, business groups, industry analysts and other influencers;
- Conduct research to help the team plan and develop positioning, messaging, projects, issues management and crisis response strategies;
- Assist with coordinating public involvement projects, including development of stakeholder communications (databases, newsletters, web sites) and preparing large and small-scale meetings with the public, policymakers and others;
- Keep the team, and its active projects, on schedule and on budget
Please note that GBSM does not typically represent products or services; this is not a marketing publicity or consumer PR position. Only candidates with established media relations, public involvement and issues management experience will be considered.
- Education & Experience: An undergraduate degree in communications, journalism or a related business field. A minimum of three to five years of predominantly external communications experience with an emphasis on public affairs, media management, public involvement and crisis communications. Agency or consulting firm experience is a plus.
- Project Management: Outstanding critical thinking, problem-solving, writing and personal communication skills; project management skills including the ability to multitask, stay on top of ever-changing priorities in a fluid environment, manage client expectations and negotiate deadlines and workloads; ability to manage-up with multiple team members.
- Writing and Communication Skills: The ideal candidate has superb writing, proofreading and editing skills. Must be capable of maintaining clear, effective, timely communication with multiple team members, clients, stakeholders, sub-consultants & vendors. Able to communicate authentically with all audiences, from local community members to C-level executives to elected officials.
- Portfolio: Includes a variety of writing samples, such as examples of strategic planning, business memos, fact sheets, digital communications and news releases.
- Computer Skills: Highly proficient with MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint); internet research (ex: Cision, LexisNexis); website content management systems (e.g. WordPress, SquareSpace; database management (ex: TrackVia).
Interested candidates, we look forward to reviewing your background and experience! Please submit your resume and salary requirements for consideration.