At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is currently seeking a Communications Manager for Social Responsibility at the bank. This person will be responsible for developing and executing communications plans in support of U.S. Bank’s Environmental, Sustainability and Governance (ESG) office and in support of the U.S. Bank Foundation.
This person must be comfortable being a generalist who works on a variety of projects. This person will work closely with communication peers supporting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and the U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation, the tax-equity credit arm of the bank.
This is a new role and this person will report up through the Enterprise External Communications team. Additional responsibilities include:
- This person will bring strong storytelling skills to the role and will be responsible for communication that demonstrates U.S. Bank’s long-term actions, commitments and achievements in this space.
- This person will have an understanding of ESG in general and the nuances of ESG.
- This person will develop and implement a proactive ESG communications strategy, including media relations, while also educating, aligning and engaging employees
- With others, this person will help develop and tell the stories of the $1 billion Community Benefit Plan that is part of the recent acquisition of MUFG Union Bank and its impact.
- Work closely with a combination of leaders and their teams that work on ESG, including providing communications counsel to them in an environment that is constantly evolving.
- Work across the broader Public Affairs and Communications team to ensure that Business Line ESG stories are captured and are aligned with the overall ESG communications strategy.
- Provides additional support and resources, such as media coaching, speaking engagements, and expanded storytelling opportunities.
- Evaluates complex information and strategically determines appropriate method of communication based on topic and company goals.
- Edits internal and external publications, writes speeches, and provides media support.
– Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
– Eight to ten years of experience in communications activities
– Proven communication management skills, including strong writing and editing capabilities
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong research, analysis, and interviewing skills
– Well-developed organizational and project management skills
– Ability to negotiate and influence internal and external parties
– Supervisory/management experience
– Ability to manage highly complex projects with a multitude of stakeholders with the ultimate objective of driving business results.
-Experience in the financial services industry preferred
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most – your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $125,715.00 – $147,900.00 – $162,690.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.