The Communications Manager will help drive visibility and recognition of the RE/MAX global brand through traditional and innovative public relations tactics.
- Write press releases and articles, pitch new stories to trade and consumer press, follow up on media request and develop close working relationships with the media
- Assist RE/MAX offices and agents with PR requests, publicity for events and activities and coverage in local and community news
- Promote monthly RE/MAX National Housing Report, trade case studies, blog content and other white papers
- Develop innovative and creative ways to tell the RE/MAX story and promote RE/MAX Executives in the media
- Partner with cross-functional teams at RE/MAX headquarters and external partners to manage the creation and flow of messaging
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field
- 4-7 years’ experience in communications, media and public relations. Mix of agency and in-house experience preferred.
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing capabilities
- Sound project leadership skills with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong appreciation for timelines, deadlines, milestones and phases
- Expertise in media relations and high comfort level working with the media for both proactive and reactive issues
- Display business literacy and understanding of real estate industry news and trends to identify opportunities for storytelling
- Adept at working collaboratively in a team environment while also displaying independence and initiative
- Real estate industry experience preferred
- Research skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.