Communications Manager – Internal Communications
DaVita’s internal communications team, which is part of the larger corporate communications team, is a high-energy, entrepreneurial group who oversees the internal editorial strategy and analytics, and manages an array of communications channels that target the company’s more than 61,000 teammates in the United States.
We are currently seeking a motivated Communications Manager to join our force. This individual will support key internal communications functions and projects, and have a direct, meaningful impact on the experience of our teammates. They will have the opportunity to contribute to strategic internal communications plans, utilizing an array of communications channels, to connect teammates to programs, tools and resources they need to be successful now, and in the future.
Key Duties Include:
- Support the development of a high-impact editorial strategy and communications campaigns to guide internal communications.
- Work with departments across the DaVita to help strategize, consult on, drive content-generation of (in some cases) and distribute direct communications to teammates while managing content pipeline to prevent information overload.
- Manage relationships to help internal partners and lanes define their communications strategy and campaigns, key messages and positioning, content and cadence.
- Partner with the external communications team when appropriate to ensure message alignment.
- Drive engagement across channels by using analytics and data to shape communications strategy, defining appropriate metrics and project-managing the construction and use of applicable metric dashboards.
- Collaborate within internal communications team to own, maintain and contribute to content/editorial calendar.
- Project-manage internal campaigns, content submission and reporting.
- Oversee the execution of daily internal processes and drive improvement within the internal communications lane.
Essential Job Functions:
- Content-development and management for all internal communications channels (e.g., intranet, email, newsletters, videos, etc.).
- Manage projects—and the corresponding relationships—for various high-level, high-exposure internal campaigns.
- Lead the planning, execution, communications and course correction for special projects.
- Oversee metrics/analytics reporting for internal content and campaigns.
- Work closely with internal communications teammates on thought-leadership topics/solutions.
- Manage members of the internal communications team.
- 5+ years of experience in communications or a related field; internal communications essential, and prior management experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, project management, marketing or other related program.
- Strong and demonstrable written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficient at editing, reporting and project management.
- Ability to take initiative, plan, prioritize and independently execute the completion of all projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skills strongly preferred.
- Ability to deliver with accuracy, integrity and attention to detail within established deadlines.
- A fierce collaborator, effective in managing relationships; influencing others not in a direct leadership chain; and communicating with all levels of management, executives and outside vendors.
- AP style proficiency.
- Adept at Word, Excel, PowerPoint, content-management systems and email-distribution platforms (including Outlook and web-based applications).
What to Expect When Joining DaVita:
- A “community first, company second” culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
What We’ll Provide:
- More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out.
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access to Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more.
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita’s online training platform DaVita University Digital Experience.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
$62,200.00 – $91,300.00 / year
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits
DaVita Teammates Work Together to Make a Difference for our Patients, Each Other and Our World. This is underscored by our deep rooted commitment to our ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) practices. For more than 16 years, our Trilogy of Care—Caring for Our Patients, Caring for Each Other and Caring for Our World—has been at the heart of everything we do. Our key ESG issues and five focus areas are Patient Care, Teammate Engagement, Environmental Stewardship, Healthy Communities, and Leading with Integrity and Accountability.
The health and safety of our teammates and patients is our top priority as we continue to navigate the impact of COVID-19 together. We have focused on access to vaccines, infection control practices and education to ensure the safety of our teammates and patients.