The Communications Manager is responsible for supporting proactive communications as a member of the DaVita corporate communications department. The ideal candidate will identify and spearhead proactive storytelling opportunities that elevate the DaVita brand.
- Minimum of 5+ years in corporate communications or agency environment, with experience in a managerial role.
- Extensive experience in proactive communications required, with an emphasis in media relations.
- Strong writing skills required, with proficiency in AP Style.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, working with peers and leadership.
- Understanding of communications strategy, content development and channel delivery.
- Ability to manage projects and campaigns with accountability for strategy, tactical execution and outcomes.
- Strong critical thinking, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage junior team members, including delegating tasks when appropriate, performing timely performance reviews, and providing informal feedback to teammates to ensure professional development.
- Ability to communicate important DaVita goals and objectives to teammates and senior leadership.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; healthcare experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactive communications – Tell DaVita’s story, helping achieve business objectives and connect with key stakeholders (including current/ future customers and teammates, nephrologists, nurses, payors and policymakers). Work with leaders and SMEs across the business to identify story opportunities and bring them to life in a way that connects with audiences.
- Media relations and media monitoring – Advance the company’s reputation through a thoughtful media relations program. Build and maintain relationships with media at the local, state and national levels. Stay abreast of key media opportunities and trends, finding ways to incorporate DaVita into the story where appropriate. Assist in the monitoring of daily news coverage to identify stories and trends relevant to internal stakeholders.
- Strategic counsel to company executives – Provide direct and proactive counsel and support to the senior leaders and SMEs participating in media interviews. Build talking points and briefing documents to maximize interview opportunities. Conduct and/or participate in media trainings of relevant spokespeople.
- Special projects – Write, edit, review and ensure appropriate distribution of materials, including news releases, articles and backgrounders.
- Manage and mentor – As appropriate, mentor and coach the team.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
$62,200.00 – $91,300.00 / year
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits
DaVita Teammates Work Together to Make a Difference for our Patients, Each Other and Our World. This is underscored by our deep rooted commitment to our ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) practices. For more than 16 years, our Trilogy of Care—Caring for Our Patients, Caring for Each Other and Caring for Our World—has been at the heart of everything we do. Our key ESG issues and five focus areas are Patient Care, Teammate Engagement, Environmental Stewardship, Healthy Communities, and Leading with Integrity and Accountability.
The health and safety of our teammates and patients is our top priority as we continue to navigate the impact of COVID-19 together. We have focused on access to vaccines, infection control practices and education to ensure the safety of our teammates and patients.