Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could be for you.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
Let's simplify it, think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyor belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all?
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an innovation leader, we look for ambitious, forward thinking, open-minded and well-rounded individuals to join our global team. Located in our downtown Denver office, you will support the corporate communications team by working on a variety of projects with an emphasis on writing, editing and production for several of communications vehicles.
- You will provide communications, operational and production assistance to the Director of Communications, including support to write and produce internal communications, update the Intranet, execute PR and social media tactics, and manage special projects as identified by the Director.
- The ideal candidate has the tenacity to solve problems and enthusiastically takes initiative to ethically and diplomatically complete projects in support of the company's overall business goals.
- Design and coordinate company communications and internal events to drive employee behavior within brand standards.
- Assist Communications Director with writing, editing, producing, tracking and reporting internal communications via email marketing software or electronic publishing technology for global audiences.
- Manage PR tactics with support from agency in alignment with overall content program goals including internal sourcing.
- Assist with updates, design and communications on the company Intranet (Gateway).
- Drive adoption for internal communication tactics and publications including training, posting and reporting.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- 5-8 years of experience in writing, communications, or journalism field.
- Proven strong writing capability.
- Expertise with Associated Press (AP) writing style.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, online survey and email marketing tools.
- High level of general business acumen.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Passion to adhere to brand and messaging guidelines.
- Excited to work in the office with great teammates.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
PAY & BENEFITS
- Bonus Eligible
- Relocation is not provided
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance and other voluntary benefit options: benefits begin on the first day of the month immediately following your date of hire
- Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation + 11 holidays (9 scheduled & 2 floating) + 8 sick days. All vacation days are accrued
- 401(k): 3% company contribution and additional 3% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learn more about the benefits we provide at www.gateshealth.com
Founded in 1911 in Denver, Colorado, Gates is publicly traded on the NYSE. While we might operate in a vast amount of time zones we operate as 'One Gates' and have a common goal of pushing the boundaries of materials science. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
While we expect the best, we also want to give you the best. That's why at Gates we provide an environment where people can succeed from our policy of 'Dress for your Day' (yes – that means you can wear jeans), health club reimbursement, to your ownership of your work/life balance and more. Visit www.gates.com/careers to learn more.
At Gates, we believe that we are better together. Proximity has been important to our success over the years as there are critical items that are simply better when done together. One of those critical items is efficient collaboration. We cannot underestimate the power of informal conversations and connecting face-to-face with our coworkers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers to work with objects, tools, or controls; and use office equipment including computers, telephones, and/or copiers/scanners. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All offers of employment for this position will be contingent upon the successful applicant providing proof of vaccination no later than January 4, 2022, or, if later, prior to their start date.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Gates is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to candidate's relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBILITY?