At DaVita, we find that our best leaders are those who create an inspiring vision for the future and empowers their team to achieve success. They have always enjoyed tackling difficult problems and believe that the best way to solve them is through collaborative, team efforts. They take ownership of results and instill accountability in those they lead. They are driven, strong communicators, relationship builders, and find real fulfillment in challenging work.
Sound like you? Then you might be a great fit for the Communications Manager of Labor Relations with DaVita.
Here's what you can expect as a Communications Manager of Labor Relations at DaVita:
The Communications Mangers supports internal and external communications initiatives and special projects as a member of DaVita’s labor relations team. The ideal candidate will develop an understanding of DaVita’s business goals, its needs and, from that understanding, create content to build and protect DaVita’s reputation as a leading health care provider. Key duties include lead government affairs communications, drive creation of teammate-facing content and collateral, develop and lead social media efforts, support proactive and reactive media relations, cross-functional project management with Village partners, oversee patient and physician communication, as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Work with team leads and representatives across the Village to develop and implement an overall labor relations communications strategy that will advance DaVita's reputation and goals;
- In partnership with the government team, serve as lead on government affairs communications, internal and external, for the labor relations team;
- Develop a variety of internal and external content, including communications campaigns, teammate-facing collateral and media statements;
- Craft and oversee teammate-facing social media content and strategy, as it relates to labor relations;
- Develop and oversee execution of physician and patient communications, as needed;
- Work with creative experts to develop supporting visual content, review/edit assets and manage the content review process;
- Support high-profile, issues management media relations efforts, as needed;
- Effectively partner with corporate communications and other enterprise leaders to maintain strong working relationships and seek alignment on ongoing projects;
- Leverage the corporate communications and marketing team to expand content and drive coverage of events and activities, leveraging multiple distribution channels to maximize reach;
- Establish positive rapport with senior leadership, serve as a strategic partner and trusted resource to senior leaders;
- Ability to oversee and manage multiple projects, drive for timely execution, and track and report results;
- Maintain analytics dashboard and distill results to inform short-term and long-term strategy.
Education, licenses, certification, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, including computer skills as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of communications or related field.
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills, with the ability to create content for a variety of audiences and channels required.
- Government affairs and labor relations experience preferred.
- Media relations experience preferred including knowledge of media operations, newsroom responsibilities and editorial decision-making.
- Agency and project management experience preferred.
- Experience and understanding of traditional and emerging strategic communications and marketing trends and technologies.
- Possess a cultural awareness and ability to tailor communication to culturally diverse audiences.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Ability to self-start, think critically and solve problems creatively.
- Ability to prioritize projects and multi-task on a daily basis.
- Proclivity to be a positive part of a healthy, high-functioning team operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative, plan, prioritize and execute, independently, the completion of all projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Composure under the pressure of deadlines.
- Solid relationship-building skills across all levels of organization and with external vendors.
- Demonstrated oral and verbal communication skills with teammates at various management levels across the company.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Email marketing experience is preferred.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
• A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
• Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
• Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
• Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
• A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
• Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
2000 16th Street, Denver, Colorado, 80202, United States of America