You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as the Communications & PR Specialist.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Platte Valley Medical Center is a partner of SCL Health which is a nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed community hospital is proud to offer comprehensive, integrated care focused on holistic health. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Communications and PR Specialist you need to know how to:
- Assist with internal and external communications strategic plan by contributing to an annual editorial calendar that ensures messages of relevance and impact are shared with stakeholders and drive the adoption of communications tools
- Seek to maximize internal communications content and leverage that content when appropriate for other communications channels
- Execute internal newsletter and contribute to building and maintaining the editorial calendar with a strategic content mix in partnership with the Communications team
- Develop well-timed communication plans and engaging written and/or digital content for the internal newsletter and external news page
- Coordinate care site projects, events and social media plans
- Drive awareness of strategic imperatives and community efforts, organizational culture and associate engagement within communications
- Serve as a resource for care sites, system department communications, senior management, and clinical and operation leaders for communications and marketing
- Proactively pitch to media to drive SCL Health brand and reputation and assist with media requests
- Manage, monitor and maintain content on SCL Health News
- Create original content for the news page that demonstrates our innovation, culture and mission
- Serve as Public Information Officer (PIO) as needed and responds to media requests
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
- Three (3) years of journalism, communications, public relations and/or related work experience
- Agency or corporate environment experience and/or familiarity with healthcare systems
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Critical Care Charge RN on our team we hope you’ll join us. At Platte Valley Medical Center you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.