Please send your resume and coverletter to email@example.com
- Maintain existing communications standards and practices that span across all GWHS programs in order to keep current students, families and faculty and staff informed of activities, events, initiatives and key decisions affecting the school community
- Draw upon a wide range of communications disciplines, including media relations, crisis communications, marketing communications, internal communications, online communications, community relations and special events.
- Work with GWHS leadership team to identify clear objectives and benchmarks that support enrollment, retention and positive school culture
- Develop and implement strategic marketing and communications plans that inform and engage current GWHS students, families, faculty and staff, prospective families, and community partners.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at boundary feeder elementary and middle schools to encourage neighborhood families to consider GWHS as a strong neighborhood school option in which to enroll their children
- Develop and implement retention efforts designed to reinforce students' connection to GWHS, forge strong student-parent-school bonds and ensure consistency in enrollment for the following year
- Provide content management and frequent updates to the GWHS website and social media platforms
- Consistently develop and promote student achievement and positive school news and activities via neighborhood publications, newsletters, flyers, online forums, district publications, social media, etc.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- A minimum of two (2) years of comprehensive experience in strategic communications, marketing, media relations and/or internal communications.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and content development skills, as confirmed through writing samples and references.
- Experience with MailChimp and WordPress
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.