Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB) is seeking a Communications Specialist to join our growing team in downtown Denver!
We think #lifesbetter with a financial plan, and even better with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professional. FPSB is the global standards-setting body for the financial planning profession and owner of the international CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER certification program outside the United States. The global FPSB network comprises 26 affiliate organizations representing more than 181,000 CFP professionals worldwide—all of whom are committed to establishing financial planning as a global profession, and helping consumers take control of their financial futures.
At FPSB, we are excited to engage with our stakeholders from around the world, delighting them with our work, our passion for what we do, and our focus on quality, anticipation and accountability.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for coordinating and executing FPSB’s external communications strategy. This role works closely with the volunteer leadership and communications practitioners within the FPSB network to develop content and collateral that promotes financial planning, CFP certification and FPSB programs globally. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Communications, and be based in Denver, CO.
Key duties include:
- Supports the Senior Manager of Communications on the development and roll-out of FPSB’s global integrated communications strategy
- Plays a key role in executing FPSB’s annual consumer awareness campaign, World Financial Planning Day, including the development of campaign resources, promotion of the event to global media, coordination of a network-wide video contest, among other things
- Drafts content for press releases, collateral materials, web pages, newsletters, articles and other communications materials as required
- Manages FPSB.org and all social media channels; develops a social media strategy for FPSB’s presence across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and other platforms as identified
- Interfaces with agency partners and contractors to create and update videos, graphics, collateral, infographics, etc.
- Coordinates communications-related meetings and calls with stakeholders within FPSB’s global network; distributes meeting materials, takes minutes and performs other administrative duties as assigned
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in external communications roles; global experience a plus
- Have earned a Bachelors’ Degree in communications, marketing or journalism
- Have strong writing skills and excellent knowledge of English grammar
- Be exceptionally detail-oriented
- Possess outstanding organizational and project-management skills
- Be as excited as we are about advancing the financial planning profession
- Bring a global mindset and passion for working with a global network
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a self-starter mindset, and a comfortability working in a small but mighty organization
What we offer:
- 75% paid employee benefit coverage (medical/dental); 50% paid family benefit coverage
- Basic life, AD&D and short-term disability insurance provided; 50% paid long-term disability insurance provided
- US$500 contribution to a Health Savings Account (or the equivalent in medical insurance premium reduction)
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 6% (no vesting required)
- 15 paid vacation days and 8 sick days earned per year
- 11 paid holidays (10 scheduled holidays plus one personal choice holiday)
- Reimbursements: Tuition, Seminar and Professional Membership Dues
- Annual travel pass for local/regional public transportation
- Business casual Fridays
- You will love working in our downtown Denver location, just one block from the Light Rail!
Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please apply today by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.