- General Statement/ Organizational Responsibilities
Metro Wastewater Reclamation District in Denver, CO – a nationally recognized leader among clean water utilities, provides wastewater conveyance and treatment services for approximately 2.0 million people in the Denver Metro area.
Responsible for the drafting of Metro District communications for both an internal and external audiences. Maintain standard communication platforms including internal and external websites, Social Media, and future communication channels. Reports to the Strategy and Communications Officer.
- Typical Duties
- Maintains District internal and external websites, social media channels, and future communication platforms to ensure consistent, updated information and visuals throughout. Responsible for designing clear messages for both internal and external customers in regards to the Strategic Plan, Mission, and programs of Metro Wastewater. Reviews materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, or content of material prepared by other writers or Metro District staff, consulting with the subject matter experts to ensure accurate information is communicated appropriately for the intended audience. Materials might include requests for proposals, trade journal articles, professional papers, PowerPoint presentations, and technical reports.
- Creates PowerPoint and other graphic-dominated documents for a variety of audiences, writing or editing articles for the District's intranet/SharePoint site and various external publications to post updated information regarding various studies and their status.
- Develops layout and production design of District displays, logos, signage, brochures, posters and other publications. Produces newsletters, brochures, and other printed materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in discipline related to writing or communication Two years of experience with writing and editing with thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and composition. Ability to understand and summarize complex information. Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines. Must be self-motivating and able to prioritize a dynamic schedule. Advanced experience with Microsoft applications, social media platforms, SharePoint, and graphic design.,. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Equivalency equals two years of directly related professional experience for every year of education not completed. The stated experience requirement is in addition to any experience used to meet the education equivalency. For this position, in addition to the required two years or more of work experience in a communications role, equivalency would be an Associate's Degree plus four years of directly related professional experience or eight years of directly related experience without a degree.
Experience performing external and internal communications in a public sector agency. Experience with change management initiatives. Previous experience working with governmental entities and boards of directors. Experience with Word Press or other web design programs.
- Working Conditions
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock less than 1/3 of the time. The level of noise in the work environments is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear more than 2/3 of the time. The employee is required to walk and reach with hands and arms 1/3 to 2/3 of the time. The employee is required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 1/3 of the time. The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds less than 1/3 of the time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.