Position Number: E 1154
Salary for Announcement: The salary range for this position is $48,774 – $59,757. The final salary range will be determined by the selected candidate’s experience and education.
Employee Category: Administrators
Department: VP SMC
The Communications Specialist is a highly versatile storyteller who produces compelling copy for a variety of digital and print publications that support Metropolitan State University of Denver's mission and goals. The Specialist researches, develops, edits and manages writing projects in three high-priority areas: event-, executive- and employee-engagement communications with a particular emphasis on events.
The successful candidate will be able to easily shift writing style and tone dependent on audience and goal, transform complex and sensitive information into digestible content and facilitate writing projects with meticulous attention to details and deadlines.
This position reports to the associate vice president of strategic communications and is situated in MSU Denver's Strategy, Marketing and Communications Branch.
- Creates engaging and accurate copy on tight deadlines for a diverse array of print and digital assets, including but not limited to event communications (invitations, scripts, social media posts, recaps), executive-level communications (emails, letters, fact sheets, bios, web content, social media posts, thank-you notes) and employee-engagement communications (stories, event promotions).
- Writes and manages communications projects for campus events, such as the President's Speaker Series, Welcome Back, Spring Update, Faculty and Staff BBQ, Winter and Spring Commencements, Strategic Plan gatherings, visiting professorship talks, among others.
- Writes and builds emails in Salesforce, facilitates approval for those messages and manages sends.
- Develops and curates content for Office of the President website and updates the page daily/weekly with the most pertinent information.
- Researches and generates content for fact sheets and manages the production of those sheets from ideation to distribution.
- Interviews administrators, faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors and others with sensitivity, positivity and an impeccable attention to detail.
- Edits stories and copy to align with Associated Press Style and in-house editorial standards.
- Checks facts to ensure accuracy and integrity of communications.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changeable work environment without sacrificing on quality and accuracy in work.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
60%: Research, develop, write, revise, edit, proof content/copy/stories.
20%: Manage writing projects from idea to execution and evaluation.
15%: Create, monitor and update content for Office of the President’s webpage.
5%: Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, English or a closely related field.
• At least one year of professional experience as a communications writer across multiple channels, including print, digital and social media.
• Strong knowledge of Associated Press style as demonstrated by cover letter, resume, writing sample and supplemental question.
• Demonstrated ability to write under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience organizing or managing multiple writing projects simultaneously.
• Four or more years of professional experience as a communications writer across multiple channels, including print, digital and social media.
• Two or more years of experience working as a communications professional in higher education.
• One or more years of experience working on event communications.
• One or more years of experience working with CMS/CRM platforms such as Terminal Four and Salesforce.
• One or more years of experience writing executive-level communications.
• Demonstrated experience working as part of a large, diverse team.
Posting Date: 07/02/2019
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Complete applications received by July 15, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
In order for your application to be considered complete you must submit a writing sample containing at least three different writing pieces of content relevant to the described position which demonstrate creativity and versatility. Please make sure the writing pieces are all combined into one document.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/12501
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.