Why work for the Town of Erie? The reasons people call Colorado home often include a passion for the outdoors, a diverse and dynamic community and the contemporary pace of life that appeals to all ages! As you'll soon discover, the Town of Erie offers the best of all of these and without a doubt is one of the top places to consider when making your next career move. With majestic mountain views and progressive civic vision, we provide a genuine small-town feel with modern amenities. Residents enjoy a high quality of life. Town employees have been instrumental in creating what Erie is today and continue to shape what it will be in the future. Erie has established an outstanding reputation for quality and excellent customer service. The Town is committed to building a community where diversity, equity and inclusion are built into the foundation of the resident experience. Each individual employee contribution is what makes that possible. We invite you to join our team today!
Hybrid Vision Statement: We recognize the unique demands and requirements for each position within the Town. We also recognize that each department recruits from a specific subset of the workforce and, in an effort to recruit and retain top talent, we support a hybrid workforce wherein each director sets the requirements for their own department’s varied positions. As a leadership team, we value flexibility and work/life balance. We also value in-person connection, responsiveness, proactive communication. Our commitment to a connected hybrid model upholds the pillars of social, environmental, and economic innovation and progress in municipal government.
What you will be doing: The Communications Specialist is assigned to focus on a designated department for their communications and marketing needs. Duties of this role include responding to requests for information from the media or organizing an appropriate spokesperson or subject matter expert. Administers communications strategies establishing pro-active relationships with the media, the public, and Town staff fostering two-way engagement regarding their assigned department’s programs, projects, issues, and services. The employee manages and initiates specific internal and external communications and marketing including website content, social media, project branding, brochures and newsletters, and other announcements using multimedia tools to increase awareness of programs and services.
Summary of Duties
- Manage the content of all marketing materials used to promote the assigned department including webpages, newsletters, print, social media, and other tools.
- Communicates persuasively with internal and external customers and provides information on programs, services, and events in a visible and accurate manner
- Customize marketing materials to match the recognizable tone and accessible public voice used throughout Town communications.
- Create proposals, presentations, and reports for the department; identify timelines, and report on the progress of assigned projects.
Collaboration & Strategy
- Maintains connection and awareness of projects both within their assigned department and within the Communications & Community Engagement Department.
- Stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the fields of communication, public relations, public administration, and information services.
- Fosters partnership and communication with stakeholders in their assigned department’s field including within other municipalities, county, state, and federal governments, school districts, media outlets, and service agencies.
- Implements plans, strategies, and data measurements to ensure the successful implementation of the overall communications and marketing initiatives of the assigned department.
- Serves as backup to other members of the Communications & Community Engagement Department as needed.
- Develop networks and relationships with various media outlets to maximize positive public relations and communications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field preferred. Three years of increasingly responsible experience in marketing, communications, public relations, government relations, and public outreach. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
Knowledge of: The candidate should have excellent writing and language skills, and a working knowledge and understanding of the latest public relation tools and techniques. Knowledge about the Erie community and its residents is preferred.
Skills in: The candidate should have the ability to: write content for and organize information for presentation to the public via various media including social media, written flyers, newsletters, press releases, television, web content, and other publications; positively and effectively present information and respond to questions from the public, the media, staff, and other managers; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public, the media, and other agencies; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; prioritize and handle conflicting requests for service in a diplomatic manner; read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, periodicals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
Environmental Factors: Work is performed in a standard office environment. Frequent to constant use of a computer. Work may involve competing demands, performing multiple tasks, working to deadlines.
Physical Factors: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time and occasionally lift storage boxes of 20lbs or more.
Town of Erie Benefits: The Town of Erie offers a comprehensive benefit package and pays a major portion of the employee premium to make these benefits more affordable for you. Coverage of these benefits begin the 1st of the month following date of hire for benefited employees regularly working an average of 30 hours per week. Each year you will have the option of changing your elections through open enrollment.
Designated full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Robust Medical, Dental and Vision plans including spouse, domestic partner and family coverage options
- 40 hours of Paid Time off to each new employee upon hire
- Supplemental Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Plans
- Employer paid Basic Life/AD&D
- Voluntary Life/AD&D
- Employer paid Short Term Disability
- Employer paid Long Term Disability
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plan with a 5% employer match and immediate 100% vesting in your deferral contributions AND employer contributions
- 3 ½ Weeks of Paid Time Off per year (increases with years of service)
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Twenty-Four (24) Hours of Paid Volunteer Leave
- Robust extended sick leave and family sick leave program including parental leave for birth and bonding
- Option to “sell back” PTO after two years of continuous employment
- Employer sponsored wellness program, including employee-based fitness classes
- Education reimbursement up to $2,000 per year
- Free membership to the Erie Community Center
- Half-off charging at town-owned EV charging stations
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discount Program through Benefits Hub
EEOC Statement: The Town is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability and genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, marital status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct, which has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating a severe, intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment. This provision applies to all employees, including directors, supervisors, co-workers, and non-employees such as residents, members of all boards and task force groups, contractors, vendors, consultants, etc.
NEOGOV Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (e.g. uploading or attaching documents to your online application) call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627 Mon-Fri between 6 am and 6 pm (Pacific Time).