Background: Classic Brands is a highly innovative consumer product company that is currently the leader in the worldwide bird feeder market. We combine deep category experience with proprietary consumer research to develop breakthrough, patentable new products that fill real needs in the marketplace. We are fast paced, result focused and each employee enjoys the challenge of wearing multiple hats. We sell into all the major retailers including: Walmart, Lowe’s, Menards, Ace, True Value, Tractor Supply and many others. We pride ourselves being a culture of high performing professionals that enjoy winning and pleasing our customers. Great workplace environment in the northern part of DTC.
Position Objective: Classic Brands is looking for a full-time Content Coordinator to join our team and help support our growing online presence and online community. You’ll work cross-functionally with our Digital Marketing Coordinator to manage an engaging, informative library of online content that reflects our mission and values. You should be comfortable with editing and optimizing written content for SEO, and with working directly with our community to gather their contributions. While this is primarily a content position, web development and design skills will be needed to complete this position's responsibilities. Being able to switch gears without missing a beat is vital. You will need to have the talent and ability to create engaging content/photography/video that will resonate with our customers. This position will be part of the Marketing team, and work closely with the Director of Marketing, Digital Marketing Coordinator and others. The ideal candidate will enjoy the close knit, small business atmosphere and thrive in a team environment that wants to be the best. You’ll also need to love nature and particularity wild birds- after all, that’s our real customer!
• Develop well-written, organized, and relevant content including, but not limited to, the website, blog posts, social media, newsletters, advertising, email campaigns, white papers, infographics, and videos
• Utilize Adobe to produce on-point social media assets and imagery that is used across all platforms
• Provide copywriting and editing on items such as articles, emails, landing pages, social media posts and blog posts that cultivates engaging and SEO-friendly product copy
• Creating and editing basic web content using HTML
• Ensure that all our online content reflects our values and provides a benefit to our community, while working with partners to syndicate select articles that will drive our business forward
• Work with subject matter experts and thought leaders directly to develop additional content for our website, online videos, social media and more
• Assist with identifying gaps in our content and recommending new topics
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, English or Communications strongly preferred
• Experience with Blogging, Social Media, and Newsletter production
• Knowledgeable in basic principles around SEO, Blogging, Social Media, and Newsletter production
• Solid understanding of current Search Engine Optimization (SEO) standards and best practices
• Solid understanding of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and paid digital advertising, particularly in relationship to – and in comparison, with organic SEO strategies
• Solid proficiency in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources and meet deadlines
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills and the ability to carry detailed projects through to completion
• Impeccable knowledge of grammar and punctuation
• Energetic, inquisitive and collaborative with a great attitude and high aptitude.
• Writing portfolio – candidate has a versatile writing portfolio
• Experience in Journalism and editorial writing is a plus
• Must love nature, the outdoors and wild birds!
**Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com**