This position exists to update and maintain legal content in a timely, efficient and accurate fashion using current and emerging editorial systems and technology. Work as part of a team to ensure the integrity of legal content along with authored/technological/functional enhancements for legal research products in online, digital/ebook and print formats. Responsible for administrative, editorial and organizational tasks required to ensure timely completion of editorial products and projects.
• Meets online Accuracy/Completeness/Timeliness requirements by partnering with subject matter experts and vendors as appropriate.
• Will collaborate with internal departments and teams to ensure conversion of legal content to online offerings.
• Delivers high quality work that meets or exceeds internal standards.
• Responsible for adherence to best practices in existing systems.
• Recognizes potential errors/roadblocks.
• Works with vendor teams to achieve consistent and high quality product deliverables.
• May assume primary point of contact role, maintain documentation, regularly reviewing project status and escalating issues to manager
• Ensures that contract requirements and customer expectations are met.
• Balances projects and tasks in lig ht of production timelines and work/life balance.
• Assists colleagues within team/department in order to contribute to overall work/life balance concerns while meeting department priorities; escalates challenges to resource and production demands.
• Displays time management skills; models business etiquette; shares knowledge and expertise, mentor, etc.
• Works cooperatively and effectively to elevate personal as well as team performance.
• Recognizes matters requiring manager and/or stakeholder awareness/involvement and communicates said matters to manager/stakeholder.
• Achieves quick competence in use of editorial production systems; masters navigation of all pertinent LN platforms and media.
• Ability to analyze, report, review and problem solve and ultimately craft and implement ongoing process improvements
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Quarterly 401K Match
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Two Paid Volunteer Days
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
•College degree or equivalent.
•Strong analytical, organizational, written/oral communication skills and attention to detail.
•Technical knowledge: Basic computer skills; MS Office applications; experience with editorial composition systems, HTML, XML, desktop publishing systems, GREP queries, scripting, are highly desirable.
•Multitasking capabilities and flexibility to adjust to a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
•Ability to adapt to and accept change.
•Ideal candidate will be an outgoing team player who is willing to be challenged on a regular basis and has a demonstrated desire and willingness to learn.
•Location: Charlottesville or Sacramento preferred.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 1 0,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or