Since 1998, DiningOut Magazine has grown into the country's premier insider's guide to everything that's happening in local food and restaurant culture. We are actively seeking a full-time Content Editor to round out our national team. We're looking for a great writer/editor who is self-motivated but thrives in a team environment among a small, tightly knit staff. We work hard and play hard, love food and restaurant culture, and laugh a lot. Applicants should be very confident and efficient in their writing and editing skills. Social media knowledge and digital prowess is a huge plus. Salary is based on experience.
* Lead 1-2 markets through production; create and maintain editorial calendars for these markets' issues
* Research, write, and edit stories for large and minor feature publications
* Work in Content Management Server for production, proofing, and restaurant outreach across multiple markets.
* Assist or lead ancillary content creation and production of various ancillary products such as events, other publications, and other materials.
* Craft and post weekly stories for web; proof with fellow editors as needed
* Build relationships with media and serve as a representative at DiningOut Magazine for press events.
* Follow up media events with social posts or articles
* Overseeing freelance writers in multiple markets
* Attend weekly staff meetings and contribute ideas for furthering content
* Assist/lead content projects relating to DiningOut Passbook as well as DiningOut events including Chicken Fight and Top Taco
How To Apply
If you think you've got the creative edge, the skills set, and the drive to be a part of the DiningOut family, please send a resume, cover letter, and three writing samples–preferably published food-related articles–to Morgan Carter at email@example.com.