Who we are:
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen—from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, have won numerous industry awards and serve over 19,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry with innovative products and services that both simplify streaming and provide advanced tools for building custom solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success, we have been able to continuously redefine our industry and impact the world. As a result, we are growing rapidly and building out our teams, services and infrastructure.
What we are looking for:
We are currently seeking a Content Marketer & Copy Editing Specialist to develop and maintain content for multiple audiences. The ideal candidate will have experience in demand generation and web writing, serve as the point of contact for all copy-editing needs, communicate clearly and tactfully, multitask to meet tight deadlines and make independent decisions in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment. This position will be based in Golden, CO.
What you will be doing:
• Writing and editing content such as blog posts, case studies, website copy, tradeshow collateral and solution briefs
• Optimizing web content around keywords for lead generation
• Performing basic website-content updates
• Managing the Wowza brand voice and style guide
• Ensuring proper grammar, punctuation and spelling
• Recommending graphics and layout for content
To be successful, you must have excellent writing and editing skills. Creativity is a must—be prepared to speak up and be creative in your approaches to writing and marketing.
• 4-6 years of experience in content/editorial/marketing
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Process orientation
• Attention to detail
• Prior lead-generation, blog, case study and/or web-writing experience
• Experience in the streaming industry is preferred
• Experience with SEO is preferred
• Ability to multitask, prioritize work and organize a number of concurrent projects with strict deadlines
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or a similar field
What we love about working for Wowza:
• Million-dollar views of the mountains, Denver Metro and wildlife
• Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
• A fully-stocked kitchen – complete with dog treats!
• The chance to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
• Yoga classes and gym discounts to satisfy that urge to move
• Spacious office with state-of-the-art equipment
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful startup that is passionate about its customers and has a track record of delivering results.