Responsible for the coordination and delivery of certain aspects of entrepreneurial programming and events including: Marketplace, YouthBiz Stars, YouthBiz Programming, Tours and Presentations, and other on-site or off-site classes. In addition, the role includes a variety of mentoring activities to support young entrepreneurs.
Areas of Responsibility
• Actively recruit young entrepreneurs for a variety of programs through off-site presentations, phone and e-mail contacts, and on-site promotional activities.
• Maintain database of young entrepreneurs past and present for promotion of activities, applications and classes.
• Actively solicit, process, and manage a variety of youth applications for programming and events such as YouthBiz Marketplace, YouthBiz Stars, YouthBiz programming including YouthBiz StartUp, YouthBiz Out of the Box, and any and all other programming to be developed in the future.
• Review the Event and Marketplace applications annually and suggest appropriate revisions; create and oversee distribution of new application forms as needed on annual basis.
• Facilitate workshops and classes including but not limited to: Marketplace Success Strategies, Business Etiquette, YouthBiz StartUp classes, YouthBiz Out of the Box and YouthBiz Summer Camps.
• Look for opportunities for youth to sell goods and services in marketplaces both locally and online.
• Assist with marketing of all programs offered by Young Americans to educators, parent volunteers and other individuals. Marketing will be led by VP/Business Partnerships and Development and Communications Director.
• Continue to foster and develop mentor relationships with young entrepreneurs to help in growing their business.
• Responsible for recruitment of entrepreneurs to participate in the event.
• Responsible for registration of participants and assisting with collection of fees.
• Coordinates certain logistics to ensure a well-run event. Logistics include providing a detailed booth set-up diagram, assigning participants to booths and constructing participant lists.
• Coordination of volunteers including but not limited to Youth Board.
• Responsible for data collection including: participant surveys, sales data, sales tax forms, etc.
• Coordinates with Communications Director the promotion of Marketplace.
• Coordinates with VP/Programs for staffing needs for Marketplace.
• Work with VP/Business Partnerships and Development on youth related aspects of the event.
• Actively solicit applications from youth entrepreneurs, encouraging state-wide representation.
• Coordinate Spotlight on YouthBiz Stars youth-business showcase, assist youth with booth set-up and signage
• Assist as a youth liaison with winners and finalists during filming, rehearsal and during event.
• Assist with the recruitment of judges and serve as point person.
• Facilitate the judging process including, but not limited to, distribution of applications and set up of judging panel days.
• Deliver YouthBiz StartUp program to a variety of audiences in support of organization strategic goals.
• Assist with YouthBiz StartUp, YouthBiz Out of the Box, and any future YouthBiz programs including, but not limited to, school recruitment, facilitator/teacher training and support.
• Serve as an instructor for all YouthBiz programming including YouthBiz StartUp, YouthBiz Out of the Box, YouthBiz workshops, and YouthBiz summer camps.
YouthBiz Stars Programming
• Deliver a variety of classes for the betterment of our YouthBiz Stars extreme entrepreneurs including but not limited to speed mentoring, website assistance, marketing classes, tours of entrepreneurial businesses, sales classes.
• Facilitate various activities for YouthBiz Stars such as retail opportunities, media appearances, and speaking opportunities as well as any programming deemed necessary by management.
• Provide support to other programs management team members as required.
• Represent the organization at various functions as needed to promote programs.
• Attend outside activities as requested/required.
• Coordinate/assist with special projects as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability:
• Knowledge of the principles and practices associated with effective training techniques as they apply to children and adults.
• Knowledge of entrepreneurship principles and practices.
• Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
• Knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with the children and adults.
• Ability to handle stress and maintain discipline while working with up to 100 children per session. YB Marketplace participants are 6 – 21 years. YouthBiz Stars applicants are 6 – 21 years.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to work irregular hours including night and weekends.
• Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
• Ability to multitask, plan, organize, and carry out assignments within given deadlines.
• Ability to exercise attention to detail.
• Ability to become and maintain CPR certification.
• Proficient using Word, Excel, Microsoft Publisher and other software.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
Education and Experience:
• Working knowledge of entrepreneurship.
• A minimum of one years’ experience working in and facilitating educational programs.
• Non-Profit experience and a Bachelor’s degree desirable, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
• A minimum of two years’ experience working with children.
- See Areas of Responsibility
Range for this position is $33,600 to $48,800 depending on experience.
Employer coverage for medical, dental, vision plans including short-term and long-term disability and life insurance. 401(k) plan with a 25% match. Paid holidays and generous paid time off plan.
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.