The Copywriter & Content Manager is responsible for drafting and editing high-level marketing content of an exceptional quality that will help drive brand awareness, visits to our website and blogs, engagement on social media, SEO rankings and more. This position plans, develops and manages marketing content that is aligned with the firm’s strategic priorities and brand. Along with considerable daily writing and editing, there is particular emphasis on workflow development to ensure content is properly leveraged across platforms (web, mobile, media, social, etc.), and on data and research to measure and report on the effectiveness and reach of content.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Managing and overseeing the development of a significant amount of external-facing content (marketing collateral, website, etc.) for the firm.
- Leading writing projects and tasks, particularly high-profile writing assignments related to marketing efforts, advertising and partner bios.
- Developing workflows to ensure the strategic distribution of content across mediums.
- Setting editorial guidelines for the tone and tenor of all market-facing content and ensuring consistency across mediums.
- Collecting, monitoring and interpreting data and research (of content performance, client preferences, and other data) to shape the content strategy, themes and messaging, and to identify what’s working and what’s not working with regard to content marketing efforts.
- Auditing content regularly to determine what should be kept, edited, overhauled or retired based on analytics, performance, and age of the content.
Specific Skills Required:
- Well-versed in social media and analytics.An analytical mindset and an understanding of metrics and reporting.Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
- A real “passion” for content, with exceptional copywriting, editing and storytelling skills, and sound knowledge of AP style.
- Ability to quickly understand the firm’s goals and priorities, and to develop a clear strategy for inspiring and engaging our external audiences. An ability to understand client needs and preferences for content based on trends, news cycles and metrics.
- Ability to see the big picture and build a storyline across mediums while also paying attention to detail. An ability to identify visual elements to enhance content and storytelling.
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively up, down and across the firm with Marketing colleagues, lawyers and all levels of firm personnel. Ability to establish strategic partnerships throughout the firm and remain calm and cordial with others under pressure.
- Such experience in the legal and/or professional services industry experience a strong plus.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to accommodate a minimal amount of domestic travel.
Education & Experience:
- BA or MA in communications, journalism, public relations, English, or related field and at least six years of marketing communications and editing experience.
*In addition to your resume, please submit two writing samples with your application.