DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the launch of the first live, internet-delivered TV Service – Sling TV, that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We have a bold sense of pride, adventure, and desire to win – it’s in our DNA. And we’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
We are seeking a communications professional to join DISH’s Corporate Communications, Market-Facing public relations team. The Corporate Communications Lead will support key DISH brands including DISH TV, SLING TV and Boost Mobile in the development and execution of integrated communications strategies that engage media and drive subscriber acquisition. The ideal candidate is an efficient task manager skilled in program execution, has media relationships across tech, business and consumer media outlets, and a proven ability to lead cross-functional teams.
Strategic Thinking and Business Acumen
- Develop technology and brand communications plans aligned with needs of the business; understand and simplify complex ideas / technical issues and make them relatable to those outside the industry; lead proactive media programs; contribute to strategic planning initiatives.
- Partner with Marketing, Programming, Product and Operations teams to develop compelling stories that amplify DISH TV / SLING TV / Boost Mobile leadership position; serve as corporate communications subject matter expert on satellite, streaming, mobile wireless and competitive services, as well as public relations best practices for integrated campaigns, measurement, trends and media opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally to build communications strategies that engage customers and partners, drive brand affinity and support subscriber growth; serve as trusted communications advisor to the company; provide constructive feedback to executives; staff interviews and presentations.
- Create PR materials including fact sheets, media pitches, FAQs, executive bios, press releases, blog posts and measurement reports; engage on crisis communications topics.
- Secure national, local and trade earned media placements; actively pitch, conduct proactive follow-up, and track and report results.
- Oversee agency resources; model a collaborative and team-oriented approach; work cross-functionally throughout the business.
A successful Corporate Communications Lead will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or similar applicable field and/or combination of relevant experience. A minimum of 4-5 years of professional PR / communications experience.
- Solid grasp of AP style and ability to draft all media materials based on these guidelines.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including strong media relations skills; experience writing news releases, blog posts, pitches, speeches and other written materials; experience in creating and drafting engaging social media content.
- Experience in consumer PR; demonstrated ability to use creative thinking to develop PR opportunities, media stories and social media content; experience using integrated social media tactics to supplement PR activities is a plus.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills; ability to communicate recommendations and present new ideas to management.
- Strict attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines; solid organizational and project management skills; ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage projects autonomously.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
DISH endeavors to make http://careers.dish.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
<p token-data="LP.DESCRIPTION.PARAGRAPH-4 token-type=" text"="">We pride ourselves on developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We are a true merit-based organization and work hard so there are no artificial barriers to one's potential success. DISH is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless.
Consistent with this commitment, DISH will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified job applicants and employees with known physical or mental disabilities, unless doing so poses an undue hardship on the Company, poses a direct threat of substantial harm to the employee or others, or is otherwise not required by law.