Our communications team is made up of variety storytellers with a united purpose. They work cross-functionally to communicate DISH, SLING TV and Boost Mobile stories to journalists, thought leaders and industry experts. From media relations to internal message building, they tell DISH’s unique story of innovation.
We are seeking a communications professional to join DISH’s Corporate Communications, Market-Facing public relations team. The Corporate Communications Lead will primarily support DISH’s Retail Wireless efforts, including Boost Mobile, in the development and execution of integrated communications strategies that engage media and drive subscriber acquisition. The ideal candidate is an efficient task manager skilled in communication program planning and execution, has media relationships across tech, business and consumer media outlets, and a proven ability to lead cross-functional teams.
Strategic Thinking and Business Acumen
- Develop technology and brand communications plans aligned with needs of the business; understand and simplify complex ideas / technical issues and make them relatable to those outside the industry; lead proactive media programs; contribute to strategic planning initiatives.
- Partner with Marketing, Product and Operations teams to develop compelling stories that amplify DISH’s leadership position in the Retail Wireless space; serve as corporate communications subject matter expert on mobile wireless and competitive services, as well as public relations best practices for integrated campaigns, measurement, trends and media opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally to build communications strategies that engage customers and partners, drive brand affinity and support subscriber growth; serve as trusted communications advisor to the company; provide constructive feedback to executives; staff interviews and presentations.
- Create PR materials including fact sheets, media pitches, FAQs, executive bios, press releases, blog posts and measurement reports; engage on crisis communications topics.
- Secure national, local and trade earned media placements; actively pitch, conduct proactive follow-up, and track and report results.
- Oversee agency resources; model a collaborative and team-oriented approach; work cross-functionally throughout the business.
A successful Corporate Communications Lead will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or similar applicable field and / or combination of relevant experience. A minimum of 4-5 years of professional PR / communications experience.
- Solid grasp of AP style and ability to draft all media materials based on these guidelines.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including strong media relations skills; experience writing news releases, blog posts, pitches, speeches and other written materials; experience in creating and drafting engaging social media content.
- Experience in consumer PR; demonstrated ability to use creative thinking to develop PR opportunities, media stories and social media content; experience using integrated social media tactics to supplement PR activities is a plus.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills; ability to communicate recommendations and present new ideas to management.
- Strict attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines; solid organizational and project management skills; ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage projects autonomously.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, which may include a drug test.