We are seeking a corporate relations intern to act as a communication generalist for Allstate's West Central Regional Corporate Relations team. The intern will be an integral part of the West Central team, located in Lone Tree, Colorado. This individual will be responsible for developing internal communications in a variety of vehicles and conducting follow-up measurement reports, as well as assisting with strategic philanthropy and external communications support. The intern will support the team in enhancing and protecting Allstate's reputation across our nine-state region. The individual will work closely with our sales, product and marketing teams to promote various regional initiatives — new product launches and product enhancements, sales promotions, strategic philanthropy and recruitment.
The person in this position is expected to:
* Develop and execute internal communication plans and tools that consider all stakeholders and are aligned with corporate and regional priorities, messaging and business objectives.
* As directed, implement and support proactive media relations programming, including developing and distributing electronic and video communications materials; assisting with the implementation of strategic public relations campaigns integrated with national reputation goals and programs; assist with the planning and execution of media and community events.
* As directed, implement and measure internal and external communications plans to ensure integration and message consistency among all regional stakeholders.
* As directed, develop strategic communications to help drive engagement, line of sight and culture change among regional internal/external stakeholders for new and existing business and reputation programs and initiatives.
* Assist with growing partnerships with community organizations aligned with The Allstate Foundation's signature program areas, including teen safe driving and the economic empowerment of victims of domestic violence.
* Execute catastrophe communication management; including media relations programming; developing and distributing internal communications; implementing and managing social media support materials.
* Assist with the implementation of events and project management for The Allstate Foundation, volunteer activities, External Media, as well as the achievement of key business unit objectives.
The person in this role will utilize their internal and external communication skills to develop materials that assist with favorably positioning Allstate with its key stakeholders, including Allstate agents, customers, consumers, media, opinion leaders and employees. In addition, this individual will help with the advancement of the credibility, and positive reputation of the corporation through implementing an integrated, multifaceted internal communications plan. This will enhance Allstate's image and reputation through improved employee engagement and accountability.
An ideal candidate may have experience writing internal and external communications, newsletters, social media, communication measurement and analytics, media research and/or media relations.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Excellent written communication skills
* Strong attention to detail.
* Highly skilled at multitasking and fast delivery of work product
* Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and challenging environment.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Highly organized self-starter who is eager to achieve outstanding results.
* Knowledge and experience with Constant Contact.
* Knowledge and experience with Cision to develop media lists
* Knowledge and experience in media relations, print or broadcast journalism
* Experience developing online content for newsletter and internal websites
* Experience working in corporate communications setting
* Video and imaging software skills and editing experience
Salary: Under $30K
Hiring Level: Entry
Job Opening Date: 12/13/2016
Application Deadline: 01/05/2016
Please send inquiries and/or resumes to Halie Peddle at email@example.com