Quicksilver is a pioneer in the natural health industry. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of natural medicine, delivering products that help individuals achieve mind and body health through nature inspired innovation. Our growth is fueled by individuals who share our passion. Currently, we have an opening for a Cost Accountant in our Louisville CO location.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for calculating and maintaining all aspects of the cost accounting system including labor and overhead rates, variance analysis, and other metrics. The Cost Accountant will review existing purchases, record data, recommend new cost-efficient and financially feasible cost options, and oversee purchasing costs – working across teams to present and translate important financial information and assist in company audits.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain cost accounting system, documentation, and records.
- Review inventory costing for LCM issues.
- Review rates of depreciation, labor, and overhead and suggest policy changes to improve numbers.
- Assist production with inventory reserve analysis.
- Perform test counts of physical inventory including leading test counts for third party auditors.
- Prepare journal entries for needed corrections to the general ledger.
- Generate variance analysis reports for management.
- Prepare and complete internal cost audits.
- Work with the company Buyer to review costs of raw material with key vendors.
- Train the production team on value of cost accounting and ways to better capture costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with an emphasis in accounting
- Minimum 2 years of cost accounting experience in a job costing environment
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- ERP Experience
Ideal Candidates have the following traits:
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
- Understanding of accrual accounting.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in an ERP system, QuickBooks (being retired) and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a customer-service orientation.
- Proactive, able to work autonomously, with the ability to relate to and work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Louisville, CO location
Quicksilver offers a competitive benefits package including:
Employer paid Medical, Dental and Life insurance, including Short-term and Long-term Disability.
401(k) with company matching.
Paid vacation and sick time.
Paid company holidays.
Fitness Center membership.
Generous employee discount program on all QS products.
Quicksilver Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.