Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018 and 2019!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice – The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Creative Content Strategist plays a crucial role in marketing Aims Community College to students across the service area by creating marketing and communications content for traditional, web, social, digital, and emerging communications platforms. The position leverages Aims’ uniqueness and strengths to develop written content with a relevant and compelling positioning/value proposition, while communicating a clear and consistent brand message. The Creative Content Strategist creates inspiring promotional copy that captures attention and prompts engagement and action, using detailed and accurate, yet compelling, program descriptions that communicate Aims’ passion for education.
The position participates in establishing marketing and communications strategy and then collaborates with cross-unit teams to create content that supports the brand, while meeting quantitative marketing and communications objectives. The Creative Content Strategist is a team player who works with creative and technical staff to craft web experiences that optimize conversions, works with marketing and program staff to understand audiences, and learns from testing and analytics about how audiences are interacting with our content. While the position writes content a wide range of materials, the primary focus of work is for internal and external campus communications.
The position stays abreast of content trends and best practices and thrives on being a part of a continuous learning environment that consistently reaches for new bounds and seeks fresh insights. The Creative Content Strategist is a strategic thinker and a results-driven, data-minded, detail-oriented, highly organized team player who can work in a problem-solving environment.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Content Creation and Management
o Guide and manage the web content development strategy to incorporate SEO and keyword recommendations across selected website pages.
o Conceptualize, write, edit and post/publish marketing and communications collateral for a variety of mediums, including:
a. Search optimized web and landing page copy
b. Advertising copy for print and digital marketing campaigns
c. Email content
d. Radio and TV advertisement scripts
e. Program brochures
g. Social media
h. Staff email newsletter and intranet
o Proofread and edit copy, serving as a final point of approval in ensuring Division aligns with organizational writing standards.
o Coordinate all aspects of content creation from start to finish including research of program offerings through collaboration with program directors and faculty, content editing, collaborating with a design team for appropriate layout, and securing approval through a series of checks and balances, and distribution efforts.
o Develop and implement messaging strategies and content plans to carry out targeted marketing plans that inspire action.
o Develop and nurture positive internal and external working relationships by providing good customer service, timely responses, professional behavior and work ethic, and representing CCR in a manner that builds trust and collaboration.
2. Public Relations
o Work with Public Information Officer to manage the creation of public relations content by either writing, or managing vendors in writing, press releases, byline articles, and earned media placements.
o Develop and maintain College-wide internal communications strategy, utilizing College communications mediums like the Daily and Weekly.
o Manage media inquiries and interview requests, as appropriate.
o Build and manage social media team to promote marketing content through a variety of social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
o Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results utilizing appropriate tools.
o Serve as a member of the department’s crisis communications team, ready to send out important emergency messages, as appropriate.
3. Content Evaluation
o Utilize Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, and internal reporting tools to collect and analyze relevant campaign data, and to determine the effectiveness of marketing communications and collateral in meeting the identified communication goals and objectives.
o Recommend and implement changes to improve strategies and methods, based on data.
Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in marketing, journalism, communications, business, or a related field.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience as a copywriter conceptualizing, writing and editing strategic, accurate and concise advertisements, web content, marketing emails, organizational descriptions and publications, blogs or other marketing content.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of various types of content and audiences.
• Ability to integrate selected keywords into compelling content for landing pages, pay-per-click advertisements, and web content, consistent with organizational search engine marketing (SEM) efforts.
• Master’s degree, or significant progress toward, in marketing, journalism, communications, business or related field
• Experience using new media and digital marketing in higher education marketing
• Proven ability to gather technical data through research, compiling it into understandable information for diverse audiences
• Experience utilizing social media to connect and build engagement
• Proven ability to collect information from subject-matter experts and translate it into clear, action-oriented, compelling content
• Ability to understand and apply compelling storytelling techniques to ensure various types of content resonate with targeted audiences
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage several simultaneous projects in a deadline-driven environment with competing priorities
• Experience taking content projects from start to finish including information gathering, content creation, editing, collaborating with designers, approval process, distribution, and meeting tight deadlines