Noodles & Company is a fast-casual restaurant chain with more than 500 locations nationwide, where its globally inspired dishes come together to create a World Kitchen. Noodles & Company is a restaurant where Japanese Pan Noodles rest comfortably next to Penne Rosa and Wisconsin Mac & Cheese, but where world flavors don’t end at just noodles. Inspired by some of the world’s most celebrated flavor combinations, Noodle & Company’s menu offers shareables, soups and salads. Everything is made fresh to order, just as you like it, using quality ingredients. Dishes are delivered to the table allowing guests time to sit and relax or grab a quick bite.
We’re looking for an experienced Restaurant Creative Director to be part of our marketing team. We are evolving our brand and are really taking a fresh look at everything we do. You would have a chance to not just execute a strategy, but be a part of shaping it.
- Define and oversee the creative strategy, development and execution of initiatives to meet the objectives of marketing and business to support our restaurants across all channels such as brand identity, store design, uniforms, in-restaurant materials, music selection, packaging, menu development including naming, advertising, digital media, etc.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to understand and on brand.
- Contribute to the evolution of the brand image
- Communicate overall vision on projects with key stakeholders.
- Assist in managing design team with art direction. Set clear roles, responsibilities and expectations of all projects to ensure that the design output is brand appropriate, and all projects are completed on time, with the highest standards.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- You’re a thinker —You can come up with ideas that work, not just look good. You think beyond the design, and figure out how it can make a difference to the business.
- You’re progressive—You are up-to-speed onthe latest of everything. You love to know what is going on in trends, what big brands and small are up to. You know it because you love it not because you have to.
- You’re resourceful —We don’t have large budgets; you know how the idea is King, not the budget to make it look so. You can do a lot with a little.
- You’re a leader — Someone with great common sense, emotional maturity, and an ability to get people excited. You are someone who commands respect, not demands it. You’re self-motivated and don’t need to be told what to do.
- You’re a planner — You’re good at managing the details and understanding how the pixels add up to the sweeping landscape. You plan your time weeks ahead but can adapt quickly when necessary.
- You’re flexible — Someone who knows how to deal with multiple, often conflicting priorities, and can bring calm to chaos: you’re even-keeled. Someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and can adapt on the fly. This is a very fast-paced company, so we’re looking for someone who thrives in, not laments, that kind of environment.
- You’re insightful — Someone who is proactive, not reactive. Someone who is constantly looking ahead for big ideas, not needing be told where to put the headline. Someone who wants to make things better. Someone who always has the customer’s mind in mind. You know how to influence consumers.
- You’re fun — We have a fun, smart brand. We’re looking for someone like that too.
- You’re a foodie — You understand and love food.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or equivalent
- Minimum 10+ years in design and production experience preferably in the restaurant field
- Ability to brainstorm and develop creative concepts
- Experience developing holistic advertising campaigns spanning print, digital, and social
- Experience in copy writing for advertising campaigns
- Must have an excellent eye for typography, color, layout, and branding
- Expertise with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Must be able to bring in new sources of creative inspiration to the work and creative team
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize creatively, and see the concept through to polished design
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to own multiple phases of a project with minimal oversight while managing multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as with the team