Viasat is seeking a Creative Director to help set the creative vision and direction for the company. You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and quality of all creative assets produced within our in-house agency as well as with 3rd party agencies/partners. The right candidate will steward a shared creative philosophy across channels and business areas with the ability to transform fresh ideas into actionable concepts for our organization and partners worldwide. You will play a key role in building brand awareness and consideration, as well as driving customer acquisition and retention – balancing meaty, idea-led work with high-volume day-to-day production needs.
This is a highly visible role reporting into the Senior Director of Global Creative Services and Brand Strategy with responsibilities across the B2C, B2B and B2G dimensions of our business. You will be seen as a leader to both executive-level partners and creative teams alike.
This role will mentor, develop and coach a team of highly-motivated creatives, nurturing a culture that is fun to work in and helps build an open creative community We have a talented in-house team and are always seeking ways to increase our creative standards, so if you have led, mentored, and built high functioning teams that focus on delivering the best end product for the business and the marketplace, then we would like to hear from you.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for leading multi-disciplinary teams and directing creative work across channels, ensuring quality control over concepts and execution.
- Helps promote disruptive ideas, without dictating the direction, but allowing room for creativity and imagination among team members.
- Finds ways to model the creative process throughout the organization, so that people know what it looks like when they see it.
- Shapes the creative brain of teams and builds a creative conscience with an influence that extends well beyond the creative department.
- Has a natural penchant for connecting with, eliciting and harmonizing the best contributions from others.
- Helps to set a tone of cooperation within the creative group and across the organization; promotes a “be-of-service” solution-oriented mentality across the creative team.
- Confidently resolves internal/external challenges that weaken relationships or inhibit collective success.
- Shapes an environment that attracts great creative talent and creates the conditions to do their best work.
- Manages creative team development with effective coaching, while fostering leadership through team spirit and leading by example.
- Celebrates team and individual successes and creates a safe environment for constructive feedback.
- Identifies and builds external talent pool of people/partners that can be tapped when projects require scale or skillsets not available in house.
- Drives creative best practices across teams.
- Keeps abreast of trends and new developments within the industry and regularly shares inspiration with the broader creative team
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Marketing, Advertising, Design, Copy or other related fields
- 15+ years’ experience within the creative industry with an emphasis on marketing type of work (client side or agency)
- Proven leadership skills to maximize team talents (preferably 5-10 years leadership experience)
- A strong understanding of marketing communications and strategy across both B2B and B2C audiences
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and cross-functional disciplines in a multi-project design/production environment
- Equally skilled at concepting as executing
- Strong storytelling, communication, presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to manage differing viewpoints so the final product remains true to the objective
- Experience working in a High-tech, Telco, B2B and/or a subscription-based business model environment is a plus.
Living in Denver means you get to enjoy: panoramic vistas on your morning commute, three hundred days of sunshine, the largest public parks system of any U.S. city, world-class theater, museums, and sports teams and a cost of living that’s easy on your wallet!
Are you ready to take the next step in your career where you will thrive and enjoy coming to work? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at Viasat. Once you submit your resume, we’ll send you an automated response to let you know it has been received, and someone from the recruiting group will follow up with you if there is a possible match. We look forward to hearing from you!
ViaSat is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.