The Creative Manager – Denver is largely responsible for ensuring that locations meet their revenue targets on both signature programming and first-run, while maintaining the Alamo brand. The big goals of the position are: putting butts in seats, maximizing off peak hours, building and maintaining community, and strengthening the Alamo brand.
Working with the venue management team and collaborating with the local programming, national programming & promotions team, the creative manager has direct oversight and responsibility for the booking, promotions and hosting of local programming.
REPORTS TO: Director of Programming – Denver
LOCATION: Denver, CO
SALARY / GRADE LEVEL: Negotiable/salary
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Scheduling of specialty programming with the continual goal of the calendar completed two months in advance.
- Maintaining a healthy balance of national signature programming and local programming that reflects and serves the neighborhood.
- Management and execution of special programming at the Denver market including assigning hosts, communicating show flow, confirming media materials with projection and promotion. Promotion includes stingers, flyers, posters and web content.
- Assignment of on-screen trailers and stingers based on requests from the corporate Programming & Promotions Team and the revenue/audience goals for the screenings.
- Management of national signature programming (i.e. “the packet) for the Denver market, ensuring that props have been ordered, menus printed and staff informed of all upcoming special events.
- Provide updates to Denver market managers on ticket sales, appropriate film scheduling and suggestions on changes that can be made to help promote weaker shows.
- Create promotional events and audience incentives for specialty programming and indie/arthouse first run titles.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with local organizations as well as studios, distributors and related film communities (like local film societies/clubs) or film suppliers.
- Attend weekly Creative Manager online meeting and in person operations manager meetings.
- Contribute ideas to and provide input on the national programming package as well as flagship programming and events.