Capital Sisters International is a nonprofit organization that raises investment funds for microfinance institutions that make tiny business loans to impoverished women in developing countries. We created the first women’s bond in the world to raise the money. One of the few “gender-lens” investment products available to the general public, our $1,000 zero-interest “Sister Bond” finances a $100 loan for ten women every year it is invested.
We have established Revolving Loan Funds in 25 countries to date, using a “Blended Capital” model that combines philanthropic and investment capital to support women entrepreneurs in some of the world’s poorest communities. Working through non-profit microfinance partners, we have raised $10 million dollars for 100,000 micro loans, benefitting 500,000 family members who depend on those businesses.
Our organization has also invested significant resources in educating local, national and global communities about the benefits of impact investing with a “gender lens” and the effectiveness of microfinance in eradicating poverty. We are active in field building and advocacy and have built a loyal base of donors, investors, and advisors who contribute invaluable time, resources, and energy to our success. Capital Sisters is headquartered in Golden, Colorado, but its staff works primarily in a virtual office environment.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who would have primary responsibility for tracking, analyzing and reporting program data which is housed on our Salesforce platform, and assisting with due diligence research and reporting on microfinance institutions. Our Salesforce platform includes our investor data as well as information pertaining to the thousands of micro loan clients we have funded. We use this information to provide impact reports to our investors.
The candidate’s hours will depend on the needs of the organization, but are estimated to be approximately 20-30 hours per week, with the potential to increase over time. The candidate is expected to have a fully equipped home office (laptop, printer, and scanner).
Capital Sisters International is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual with the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of work experience, for example in the areas of data analysis and/or business administration;
- Strong research, quantitative, analytical and written and verbal communication skills;
- Adept with technology (Word, Excel and Salesforce, or a similar platform, are essential);
- Detail-oriented, organized, proactive problem solver who is able to accurately and confidently manage large spreadsheets of data;
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Self-motivated and productive in a virtual work environment but also a team player who works well in a small and fast-paced environment;
- Financial background would be a bonus;
- Experience in microfinance or the nonprofit industry is not necessary although we welcome this.We want to hire someone with the right skills and commitment and have them grow with the organization.
- Generate customized Client Investment Reports, from beginning-to-end, including:
- Quality check micro loan client data and photos received from our international partners, clearly detailing discrepancies for follow-up
- Edit and upload micro loan client data and photos into Salesforce
- Identify and file high quality micro loan client photos for purposes of marketing and communications
- Use Salesforce and Conga Composer to assign micro loan client data to investors and generate customized Client Investment Reports
- Coordinate with staff to distribute Reports to investors, online and in print
- File final Reports for internal reference
- Manage and report investor and portfolio data, including:
- Coordinate with staff to receive accurate bond investment data
- Enter and manage bond investment data in Salesforce
- Generate monthly Salesforce reports of bond investments, loans to international partners, and related cashflow
- Provide data for input to investor communications
- Follow Capital Sisters’ guidelines to research and report due diligence data, including:
- Report internal Salesforce data on investor data for loan financing
- Summarize and package data in tables and graphics for reporting
What We Offer
- A critical and compelling mission with a vast network of supporters;
- A small, dedicated team of passionate coworkers;
- Benefits that include health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and flex time;
- Flexible scheduling of your work hours;
- Working from your home office (no regular commute!), with weekly staff meetings for coordination.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with skills and experience.