What You'll Do:
- Mine data and measure performance of existing marketing campaigns using predictive analytics and statistical programming languages including A/B and multivariate testing; analyze, plan, monitor, and optimize data to enhance the performance of future campaigns to maximize performance outcomes.
- Develop strategies to enhance data availability, quality, and usefulness for decision making for earned, owned, and paid media to increase visitation and related sales and lodging tax revenue for the City of Grand Junction; interpret data using scientific methods to provide ongoing actionable insights and create high-level and in-depth reports and presentations.
- Manage the development of analytical tools, develop key performance indicators (KPI), and outcome metrics; identity, analyze, and interpret patterns in large, complex data sets; develop database queries using programming language tools to extract, transform, and load data for analytics and marketing campaign execution.
- Develop, create, and maintain Visit Grand Junction’s data platform and dashboards using data visualization platforms to facilitate fact-based internal staff communication, prioritization, and decision making; follow-up with staff, monitor actionable insights and discover operational improvement opportunities.
- Seek a comprehensive understanding of the Grand Junction visitor and analyze visitor engagements throughout the entire customer journey; offer new perspectives on the Grand Junction travel market, visitors, and the local tourism economy; make recommendations to improve destination brand engagement and drive visitation.
- Prioritize information and data needs of contractors, research methodologies, and assist with proper selection of contractors throughout the procurement process.
- Oversee department-specific and industry-wide research including visitor profile and economic impact research; develop first-party data and manage third-party app data.
- Prepare communications highlighting Visit Grand Junction's performance and insights to stakeholders, elected officials, Visit Grand Junction Advisory Board of Directors, and the public; translate data analytics into non-technical language and presentations that can be easily understood by external audiences.
- Proactively and regularly conduct market and competitor research, including KPIs, and provide regular updates and insights to support marketing strategies and business development.
- Maintain up-to-date skills in the dynamic field of data science, marketing, analytics, and data visualization platforms; seek out continuing education, certification, and training opportunities; stay current with market trends and continually improve strategies, tactics, and techniques; evaluate emerging technologies for destination marketing.
To view the full job description for Business Analyst, click here.
What We're Looking For:
- Two (2) years of professional experience in marketing and/or business analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or another quantitative field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado driver's license.
At the City of Grand Junction, we proudly operate as an Equal Opportunity Employer, purposely building an inclusive workforce representative of various cultures, perspectives, and experiences. We believe in respect for all and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and/or genetic information.
If you have questions or need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources office at 970.244.1512