About Village Exchange Center
The Village Exchange Center (VEC) is a non-profit organization formed to serve immigrants, refugees, and the community in the Aurora/Denver metro area. We are a community center and multi-faith worship space that celebrates cultural and religious diversity by creating an inclusive environment where residents from all backgrounds interact, share and develop together. Through organic and collocated programs, informational services and cultural activities, the center is a “one-stop-shop” supporting integration, engagement and empowerment of newly arrived residents.
The Village Exchange Center is seeking a talented self-starter for the position of Deputy Director to support the organization and the Executive Director to maximize VEC’s community impact.
The Deputy Director will manage internal responsibilities to ensure the strategic direction of VEC’s strategy and implementation. This position is also responsible for assuring all operations are optimally functioning, including, but not limited to, day-to-day management – human resources, performance reviews, IT, accounting and finances, communications, building security and maintenance. The Deputy Director will oversee the Director of Programs and Director of Multi-Faith Services to ensure all project/program goals, targets, budget and performance outcomes are met on a monthly/project cycle basis; including the following: clearly communicating the purpose and design of the program, benefits and opportunities of participation, outreach and orientation, implementation and execution of projects/programs, curating stakeholder and investor relationships in a professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Deputy Director, you will…
Manage Staff –
- Help to create a productive work environment, in partnership with ED and staff.
- Identify professional growth opportunity and continued educational training.
- Implement yearly performance reviews and quarterly KPIs for all staff.
- Oversee community relationships, events, and programming.
- Oversee management and use of organization’s grant management systems (Salesforce)
- Identify and improve best practices for internal systems (accounting, security, grant tracking/reporting, relationship building)
- Create hiring, team, budgeting, building and strategic polices around VEC’s TOC.
- Handle invoices and assist accounting in preparing monthly accounting reports.
- Assist in creating annual budget, program budgets, grant compliance forms, grant and financials audits.
- Update onboarding, offboarding, handbook, and HR documents for performance reviews.
- Managing communications between staff needs with IT.
- Manage email servers- Mailchimp and produce a monthly newsletter and social media
- Support team adaption on use of Microsoft Team, Zoom, Salesforce, Storyvine, Routfic,Twilio and Mailchimp.
- Oversee timesheet review and approve payroll.
- Perform grant management oversight for proposal to reporting.
- Manage grant budgets and invoicing with accounting.
- Manage fundraising strategy, reports, and event/campaign raises.
- Work with the ED on identifying grant and donations strategy.
- Building comprehensive financial decks for fundraising.
- Define the resources, including people and money, that are needed to achieve the programs’ goals, and ensure that the resources are identified and secured.
- Design and implement multiple large scale social enterprises
- Manages the Director of Programs
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with all participants of the Fund, VEC employees, stakeholders, investors, and community members.
- Keeps detailed records on programs progress and generated revenue.
- Keeps up-to date on outreach and communications with stakeholders, partners, contractors, on programs status.
- Support Executive Director in grant management efforts, including, but not limited to scoping and identifying new grants, writing and reviewing grants, developing evaluation criteria and measurement tools to manage and report data.
- Represents to program and organization in a professional manner.
- Responds to all written and oral communication in a timely matter.
- Submits all reports on time.
- Report to the office daily and assists with programs and work needed as a team member.
You are who you are looking for if …
- You are passionate about the work VEC is doing and working with the community.
- Yu see this role as a perfect opportunity to align your values and strengths.
- Yu believe deeply in societal change and that in teamwork we drive purpose.
- You are confident in your time management skills and organization, that you can thrive at commanding your schedule as well support the VEC team.
- Can perate a computer and multiple email accounts, calendars, & phone numbers in support of fund duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- You are strategic and a hard worker with a mindset that “no task is too small” and that you are essential to the larger picture.
- Yu want to be part of a fun and creative company culture.
- You have a technical understanding of finances, portfolio building, and analytics skills necessary to advising and creating sustainability for the fund/granting programs and end to end project management of assigned funds.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- 7+ years working in leadership position for a nonprofit or for-profit organization.
- 5+ years in managing $2MM + organizations that are rapidly scaling.
- Experience with creating and implementing business plans for social enterprises and impact investments
- Excellent computer software skills, including Microsoft Office 365, calendar management, customer relationship management (CRM) software, QuickBooks, financial software, etc.
- A successful record in building and leading cross-functional collaborative teams.
- Demonstrated grit and personal responsibility; desire to help those around you succeed.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including vendors, community partners, and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including long-term project planning, delegating, program development, and conflict resolution.
- A proven track record of being a self-directed, quick learner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Multi-lingual capabilities: English, Spanish (preferrable)
- Advanced degree, Business Management and Administration, Social Sector, Finance and Marketing.
- Executive Director
- Full-Time office presence required
- VEC is headquartered in Aurora, CO
VEC is dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion both internally and its external work. We encourage people of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply. Studies have shown that woman and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If you have strong written communication skills, a passion for empowering refugees and immigrants and building strong resilient communities, and a willingness to learn, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every one of our qualifications listed.