Open to remote
Developers around the world are leveraging the Zoom Developer Platform – developers.zoom.us – to originate entirely new businesses and build amazing apps & Zoom integrations every day, and we’re looking for a skilled writer and PR manager to help reach, educate, and validate the capabilities of our developer solutions to those third-party developer communities.
This role on Zoom’s communications team sits at the intersection of marketing content and public relations. Responsibilities will include sourcing, writing, and editing blog and web content, white papers, data sheets, video scripts, developer case studies & testimonials, and customer use cases focused on Zoom’s growing developer community, our App Marketplace, and integrations. This role will also be responsible for driving a proactive developer PR program.
The ideal candidate is an adept writer with expertise in marketing API and SDK integrations, best-of-breed applications, and app marketplace development for a cloud technology organization as well as successful track-record in building relationships with developer-oriented media and securing features. Previous experience in a writing role for a SaaS company or media agency focused on application development and/or enterprise integration will set you apart.
This person will also support Zoom’s other marketing content initiatives as needed – creating content around new features and products, new customers, new partnerships, and big company news for a variety of distribution channels.
– Write blog posts, case studies, emails, e-books, white papers, press releases, data sheets, webinar descriptions and scripts, presentations, and website content focused on Zoom’s developer platform tools, app marketplace integrations, and related topics
– Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to transform Zoom product details into engaging content for third-party developers, ISV/channel integrators, and strategic integration partnerships
– Develop and execute strategic proactive PR plans to drive thought leader positioning and positive news coverage for Zoom Apps, App Marketplace,
Developer Platform Solutions (e.g. SDKs, APIs, upcoming initiatives & tools), and other similar topics
– Build and maintain media relationships and collaborate on third-party developer announcements
– Schedule and interview customers, application partners, and other external stakeholders across IT, CPO, and other related business functions to capture use cases and best practices for building on the Zoom platform
– Keep up on the latest trends in SaaS application development
– Execute on ideas from the team, as well as develop your own content ideas
– Edit content created by others such as product and product marketing managers and developer evangelists
– Organize and manage content (Google Docs, Asana, and Guru)
– 5+ years of experience writing to a developer audience/community about, integrations and business ecosystems
– 5+ years PR experience in media relations with a focus on developer/SDK PR, including some in-house experience
– Experience in a high-growth SaaS marketing, media, or agency role focused on application integration, APIs and SDKs, developer platforms, or related topics
– Experience writing for developer communities as well as B2B IT audiences
– Ability to convert technical information into something accessible for a variety of audiences, including developers, Zoom end users, and business IT leaders
– Existing relationships with journalists and influencers and demonstrated ability to proactively build relationships
– Demonstrated experience in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
– Excellent written American English skills
– Genuine passion for technology-focused writing and editing, as well as developer evangelism
– Unwavering commitment to accuracy, grammar, and spelling
– Ability to turn around projects quickly
– Creative, imaginative, organized, and reliable with no ego
– Bachelor’s degree
– Worked at a technology company (strong preference for SaaS, B2B, and start-up experience) in a developer advocacy role
– Worked as a writer/editor/PR lead at a tech-focused media agency
– Some technical acumen when it comes to cloud application development
– Working knowledge of SEO, WordPress, Guru, Asana, and basic graphic design skills
– A deep, abiding love of the Oxford comma (or willing to fake it)
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom’s benefits is here. Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability states.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.