● Communicate with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to develop a solid relationship.
● In conjunction with the Executive Director, grow a major gifts program, including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
● Manage contracted grant writer, provide updated financials, and act as a liaison between relevant BVSD employees and IOE programs.
● Establish relationships with potential corporate partners through cultivation efforts with the contracted grant writer.
● Direct the annual fund program, including mailings, and annual fundraising drives and projects.
● Coordinate annual fundraising galas and events including our signature event, Razzle Dazzle.
● Take the lead on the coordination of five to ten smaller community fundraisers.
● Make public appearances to inform the community of IOE’s programs and services.
● Attend Board meetings to report on development activities and events and funds received.
● Manage gift processing and donor acknowledgment, the donor database and financial reporting. Manage accompanying information systems.
● Prepare all forms of written communication surrounding events/program and presentations for a diverse audience including board members, social media, school district communications, etc.
● Manage to appropriately position development opportunities and integrate messages in publications and collateral materials for donors.
● Prepare, design and execute both digital and print campaigns.
● Design and create marketing materials, as needed, managing contracted graphic designers.
● Update website to ensure accurate information.
● Prepare press releases for special updates, news, plans, and events.
● Maintain contacts, develop email campaigns and analyze results from Constant Contact.
● Provide annual gala and other event support with marketing, gifts, awards, video, ppt presentations, etc.
● Update and strive for consistency among all exterior communications.
● Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships.
Program Manager Crayons to Calculators
● Manage two full-time interns (June-August) and BVSD representatives.
● Secure packing and assembly line locations within BVSD.
● Schedule meetings requesting continued participation with large donors including corporate, individual, and community organizations.
● Update grade-appropriate school supply lists with district standards for the upcoming school year.
● Gather requested backpack needs from head secretaries in all BVSD schools and educational community organizations.
● Communicate community fundraising messaging through direct mailing, social media, email, corporate contacts.
● Determine needed supplies based on supply list and backpack needs/ finalize counts.
● Submit RFPs for bulk school supply orders from vendors.
● Identify community collection sites, deliver collection boxes and manage pick up.
● Solicit, manage, and schedule approximately 200 volunteers.
● Orchestrate finished product pickup and delivery with school district warehouse team.
● Support annual audit by managing Inventory and donation valuation.
● Manage donation thank you receipts on weekly basis throughout donation season.