This position will lead MESA’s efforts to secure financial resources for the team and to increase awareness about MESA’s mission and programs. This position will coordinate and implement community engagement events and solicit donations from foundations, individuals, and businesses. This position coordinates with Mental Health Partners’ marketing team to cross-promote events.
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan that to ensure MESA to realize and sustain its strategic vision with financial resources.
- Cultivate donors, donor and sponsorship relationships, stewardships, and planned giving campaigns.
- Research and explore new funding sources to sustain and expand MESA’s mission and community impact.
- Direct activities and events to develop philanthropic support and awareness for MESA and MHP.
- Collaborate with MHP marketing team as needed
- Manage portfolio of active donors and prospects for donations with quarterly goals related to number of contacts, proposed and actual gifts, etc.
- Manage annual giving program that targets individuals, corporations, and foundation donors and prospects through a variety of strategies to cultivate these relationships.
- Document contacts, donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for donors and prospects.
- Maintain donor contact database with all activities.
- Prepare gift proposals, fundraising appeals, and other collateral material.
- Obtain event sponsors
- Manage MESA’s social media/online presence.
- Recruit, lead, and maintain the MESA Fundraising Committee with the purpose of facilitating donor relationships and increasing/diversifying MESA revenue.
- Lead MESA’s marketing and external communications efforts under the guidance of the MESA leadership.
- Coordinate production of MESA’s newsletter and other publications and materials to support fundraising.
- Promote MESA through community events.
- Must use the computer to complete required communication and job tasks.
- Comply with HIPAA and other Federal or State Data Privacy laws related to the handling of organizational data.
- Meet defined personal and department goals and activity metrics.
- Support, and demonstrate MHP’s mission, vision and values through both behavior and job performance and follows policies, procedures, Compliance Plan and Standards of Conduct daily.
- Communicate with other MHP staff/clients/customers/partners.
- Regular attendance is required to perform other essential functions of the job.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Provide leadership, training, and ongoing supervision to staff.
- Hire, train, and develop a diverse group of staff who possess a wide range of abilities and professional competencies to deliver effective service to customers.
- Give frequent, specific, honest, candid, and immediate feedback, positive and constructive, to staff and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Engage staff in the decision-making process and provides context about how or why decisions are made.
- Ensure staff are trained adequately to perform duties.
- Demonstrate awareness, support, and appreciation for cultural and diversity issues.
- Ensures adherence to policies, procedures, and regulations that direct MHP’s staff, services, and business practices.
- Provide guidance and hold staff accountable for compliance to MHP performance expectations.
- Seek consultation as needed to ensure accurate interpretation and consistent application of MHP policies, procedures, and practices.
- Establish and clarify expectations, provides on-going coaching and feedback, and administers the catalytic coaching process with staff.
- Manage performance concerns in a timely manner as applicable.
- Manage the supervision of staff on a routine and frequent basis, specifically through the lens of a recovery orientation, to ensure high quality, effective and efficient services as well as thorough, accurate and timely documentation.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in fundraising required.
- Prior experience with corporate communications and/or marketing required.
- Prior non-profit or human services experience helpful but not required.