Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining an active and robust social media presence by creating and posting content, images, links, and events, and engaging in social media conversations with constituents
- Using creative and technical skills (including limited HTML) to build, target, and send email campaigns, newsletters, and other communications
- Developing concise, compelling content for use in appeals (print and electronic), blog posts, acknowledgement letters, email, newsletters (print and electronic), and other
- Empowering and educating staff members to create and contribute valuable, relevant content for blog posts, photos, etc., and editing staff content contributions for publication (as needed)
- Maintaining agency website by creating and editing pages, posts, images, calendar events, etc.
- Building and maintaining digital fundraising campaign sites/pages for specific campaigns
- Using basic reporting tools (including Google Analytics) to analyze metrics, and using that data to create and/or refine strategies for specific communications vehicles (social, email, etc.)
- Creating both agency-wide and localized content, depending on whether or not there are desired outcomes in a specific market (generally Denver and/or Colorado Springs)
- Working with outside vendors (including designers, printers, photographers, etc.) to maintain brand integrity, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget
- Assisting with media relations efforts, including writing and editing copy for print/online materials, press releases, PSAs, and media pitches, as well as coordinating on-site interviews, photoshoots, etc.
- Working with staff to ensure that brand identity and voice are used consistently throughout the organization
- Other tasks as assigned, including various administrative tasks as needed
- At least two years of experience in a marketing and communications role (may include media relations, creation/production of collateral materials, website and social media management, marketing/communications strategy)
- Exceptional writing, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Ability to write persuasively and creatively, tailoring writing tone and content to audience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working with graphic designers, printers, photographers and other vendors
- Experience working with website content management systems, email marketing platforms, and project management software strongly preferred
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software, Luminate Online, and Microsoft Office suite preferred
- Ability to prioritize a varied workload, working efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Ability to conceptualize multi-step processes, effectively coordinate with co-workers as necessary, and independently pursue projects to completion
- Ability to self-monitor working pace and rearrange priorities based on deadlines
- Strong work ethic, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Willingness/ability to maintain confidential information and work with diverse populations
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and own transportation preferred
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
Work environment is an office setting. Physical activities include: sitting at a desk and working on a keyboard and computer; conducting business over the telephone and via email; and using a fax, copy, and scanning machine. Position will require driving a vehicle, interfacing with the public, and public speaking on occasion. Meetings may require standing for long periods of time.
Project Angel Heart offers competitive benefits, including comprehensive health insurance options, long-term disability and life insurance, medical, parental and family leave benefits, generous paid time off, wellness and meal benefits, employee assistance and perks programs, and matching retirement fund after one year of employment. Pay will be commensurate with experience.