Purpose: Combines communications, public relations, digital marketing, and social media management skills to architect and enhance the potato industry’s mission to strengthen the demand for U.S. potatoes via media relations, digital and online marketing, and social media presence. Includes interacting with users, promoting nutrition and usage-focused content, and expanding opportunities to build and enhance the positive image and the reputation of U.S. potatoes and the U.S. potato industry. Works effectively and responsively with leadership, marketing, marketing agencies, and consultants to create innovative campaigns, education, and engagement in key online conversations to promote the nutritional profile of the potato, stimulate usage, and protect the reputation of U.S. potatoes and the potato industry.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
· Creates public relations, digital marketing, and social media campaign and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules.
· Ensures brand consistency in PR, marketing, and social media messages.
· Ensures all content is factual, accurate, and meets USDA guidelines.
· Supports the development, implementation and effectiveness of the annual social media plan that meets and is approved by USDA.
· Creates, curates, and manages all published content (images, video, written and audio/podcast, etc.).
· Establishes and maintains relationships with consumers, the community, and public interest groups by writing press releases and other communications.
· Responds to requests for information.
· Updates and maintains web content.
· Provides training and guidance on social media implementation best practices and strategies to staff and agency partners as needed.
· Collects data on social media and website interactions and visits while consistently monitoring online conversations/topics. Turns data into comprehensive reports with supporting recommendations to improve future marketing and engagement strategies and campaigns. Reports progress to management regularly.
· Grows and expands company social media presence into new social media platforms as appropriate, plus increases presence on existing platforms.
· Researches and monitors the activity of industry members, as well as other commodity groups.
· Creates and distributes engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web pages, blog content, and social media messages.
– Degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or a related field
– Minimum of seven years of experience with public relations, marketing and/or social media management
– Extensive experience creating content, copywriting, graphic design, web design and management
– Experience collecting and analyzing user data on social media and web properties to provide actionable insights to leadership and program managers
– Strong creative thinking skills
– Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
– Professional knowledge of, and experience with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest
– Ability to engage followers on social media and use different engagement strategies including search engine optimization, and demonstrated ability to adjust when needed to align with strategic program and algorithm changes
– Demonstrated experience using keywords and hashtags effectively to increase engagement
– Experience creating professional videos and graphics and using editing tools – video production and software needs to design and develop creative assets to be determined in collaboration with manager
– Experience with media reporting and analysis tools available within the social media platforms, as well as Google analytics and/or third-party measurement software
– Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse constituency throughout the organization
– Detail oriented
– Strong organizational skills
– Self-motivated and directed
– Ability to use creative problem-solving skills
– Flexible schedule to accommodate the 24/7/365 nature of social media
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- digital communications: 3 years (Preferred)
- marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible