Here, it’s different. Come join us.
Children's Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years.
Here, the nation’s brightest nurses, physicians, scientists, researchers, therapists and care providers are creating the future of child health. With an optimist’s outlook, a trailblazing spirit and a celebrated history, we’re making new strides every day.
We’ve been Magnet-designated three times by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and are consistently recognized among the nation’s top 10 pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
As a national leader in pediatric care, we serve children and families from all over the nation. Our System of Care includes four pediatric hospitals, 12 specialty care centers, 400+ outreach clinics and 7,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric care specialties.
We need your expertise.
A career at Children's Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child. Here, it’s different. Do you have what it takes?
Department: Web_Social Media Marketing
Hours per week: 40, eligible for benefits
Shift: 80 hours
The Digital Content Strategist plays a strategic role within our Digital Marketing and Communications team and will define and lead content strategies related to a variety of work including our Creative/UX (CRUX)-led initiatives, our audience and channel strategies and our operational approach to planning, integration and applying best practices and guidelines across a variety of teams that plan and deliver content. This role will use data and customer insights to make recommendations and will play a critical and visible role across our organization.
POPULATION SPECIFIC CARE
- No direct patient care.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Represents digital team in initial planning and conception of campaigns with digital components. Includes close partnership with agency partners for planning as defined by director of digital communications strategy.
- Responsible for defining and guiding implementation of audience and digital channel content strategies and initiatives
- Leads integrated content planning within the digital team and across marketing teams and stakeholders.
- Works across all campaigns, channels and marketing initiatives to make recommendations to create and distribute Children’s Colorado content aligned to organizational goals and user needs.
- Works in partnership with product manager and data analyst to identify clear measurements of success across all initiatives.
- Provides content insights and actions based on reporting across campaign areas. Provides guidance and feedback to content specialists and writers to define next steps and optimizations.
- Defines and supports content operations and workflows. Identifies improvements and opportunities to scale our processes so we can maximize resources.
- Defines and manages editorial planning processes across all digital channels.
- Defines content cycle from assessment and planning to content development and measurement for digital team priorities and clinical content.
- Create content guidelines so that content can be written in a consistent way and published to any channel (social, web, internal).
- Oversees and maintains style guides and implementation of brand guidelines.
SCOPE AND LEVEL
Guidelines: Guidelines are generally in the form of stated objectives only with issues and factors largely undefined requiring the employee to exercise creativity and ingenuity in devising criteria, techniques, strategy, and methodologies for approaching assigned functions or projects.
Complexity: Duties performed involve concepts, theories, and concrete factors to be evaluated and weighed requiring a high degree of analytical ability, independent judgment, and decision-making. Acts as a subject matter expert in the field of expertise.
Decision Making: Exercises judgment and discretion, and is responsible for determining the time, place and sequence of the work performed.
Communications: Contacts are of a remedial nature involving the resolution of problems and where some degree of discretion and judgment are required in carrying out a major program and/or function of the organization.
Supervision Received: Performs work with minimal supervisory oversight. Work assignment is generally unstructured and employee is responsible for organizing complex, varied, and simultaneous coordination of several functions, programs, or projects in various stages of completion.
- EDUCATION – Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or a related field.
- EXPERIENCE – Six years of experience in developing content strategies, multichannel content creation, and creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- ¿Would prefer 10+ years of related experience.
- EQUIVALENCY – Professional experience, beyond requirements, in a related field may substitute for a Bachelor degree requirement on a year for year basis.
Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Audio-Visual: Hearing: Good
- Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good
- General Activity: Sit: 2-4 hrs. per day
- Motion: Bend: Up to 1/3 of time
- Use of Hands/Feet: Both Feet – Precise Motor Function (Or Fine Manipulation)
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 10 pounds: 1/3 or more of time
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Independent discretion/decision making.
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Makes decisions under pressure.
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manages stress appropriately.
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works with others effectively.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Be aware that none of the questions are intended to imply illegal preferences or discrimination based on non-job-related information.
Annual Salary Range (Based on 40 hours worked per week): $94,707.66 to $142,061.50
Hourly Salary Range: $45.53 to $68.30
As a Children’s Hospital Colorado team member, you will receive a competitive pay and benefits package designed to take care of your needs that includes base pay, incentives, paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, company provided life and disability insurance, 403b employer match (retirement savings), and a robust wellness program.