Rocky Mountain Public Media is looking for a Digital Director to work with our award-winning local content teams to help create multimedia experiences that inform and entertain our statewide communities on all platforms.
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop Hip-Hop and R&B radio station. More than a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
The ideal candidate has a passion for creating multi-platform experiences; adapting content to appeal to different audiences on different platforms. Candidates with team management, project management and social or digital pilot project experience preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Create a "voice" and digital strategy for each social account and platform owned by Rocky Mountain Public Media
- Collaborate with content creators to create multimedia content experiences
- Track key digital and social metrics to look for opportunities, improve best practices and share lessons with the whole team
- Post/upload multimedia (text, video, images, etc.) content to RMPBS.org, all station-owned platforms, and station social accounts
- Extensive knowledge of various CMS programs
- Extensive knowledge of social engagement best practices and Facebook Ads Manager
- Knowledge of various video and image management programs
- Knowledge and use of Live Stream, Youtube Live and other live stream systems
- Knowledge and use of Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Premiere Pro, Photoshop)
- Organizational skills, project management experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 4-years' experience in a newsroom or the content department of a media organization
- 2-years' experience managing direct reports
- Flexibility to work occasionally long and irregular hours including occasional evenings, weekends. Must be able to travel as needed.
- Valid driver's license and an acceptable MVR insurable for driving station vehicles
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at www.rmpbs.org/jobs. Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.