ColoradoBiz, Colorado’s premiere statewide business magazine, is looking for a savvy, business-oriented digital editor to act as digital champion for its brand. The ideal candidate will have a strong journalism background, superior editing and writing skills and knowledge of AP style. Main duties include maintaining and updating the ColoradoBiz website and creating a daily enewsletter. Be part of a small but committed team and enjoy a full-time, flexible schedule! Salary $40k-$45k depending on experience.
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- Interest in/knowledge of the Colorado business community, from tech to aerospace to artisans.
- Passionately driven to increase website traffic and user engagement.
- Genuinely enjoys digital content creation and editing, continually seeks to grow web knowledge and skills. Understands the relationship between online content, site traffic, reader engagement and ad dollars.
- Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the digital platforms.
- Monitor news releases, social media platforms and user-generated content for content ideas.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with outside content of various writing skills; provides written content submission guidelines to ensure materials received are appropriate for the site, audience and brand objectives. Edits articles submitted and posts articles to website accordingly.
- Effectively uses social media channels to drive traffic, build audience and expand brand.
- Develops staggered content release and promotion schedule of magazine content, working with print editors. Aligns necessary event-driven content for most effective release. Communicates magazine image needs to art director in a timely manner.
- Utilizes analytics to gain insight into audience usage patterns and content preferences and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Creates and deploys daily eNewsletter (on iContact), continually striving to improve open- and click-through rates.
- With ad coordinator, manages sponsored content program execution.
- Has basic understanding of SEO and keyword usage; basic HTML knowledge.
- Understands and effectively uses content category tags and parent pages.
- Positive attitude, actively embraces technology, able to adapt to new processes and changes in the digital world.
Send resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com