Digital Marketing Manager
Graland seeks an exceptional candidate to join the school’s marketing and communications team. This position’s primary responsibility will be to manage Graland’s digital presence and marketing. Responsibilities are diverse from management of the website, to online marketing and social media, and to the introduction of new initiatives. The ideal candidate thrives working as a part of team, is adaptable, creative and a self–starter.
Graland Country Day School is an independent school in Denver that serves students in preschool, kindergarten, elementary, and middle school. Founded in 1924, Graland incorporates a rich, experiential learning approach in a traditional classroom setting, emphasizing the development of globally and socially conscious leaders who excel academically. Guided by our mission, values, and strategic plan, we go to extraordinary lengths to give children the best education possible. Visit www.graland.org for more.
Graland’s faculty and staff enjoy a collaborative, supportive environment where each member is encouraged to be a lifelong learner. Professional development, onsite childcare, a desirable location in the heart of Denver and other benefits make Graland a dynamic, inclusive and innovative workplace.
Position reports to: Associate Director of Marketing
Status: Full-time, exempt
The following list is not comprehensive of all tasks of the position, but serves as a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities.
Website Content Management:
*Manage all elements of graland.org and its affiliated intranet, ensuring site meets communications objectives whether being used as a marketing tool for prospects or as a content provider for the community. Includes updating content, setting up online tools and troubleshooting.
*Understand website strategy and stay current with best practices in user experience in order to make recommendations for website architecture, design and content strategy.
*Evaluate performance of website utilizing web analytics software and make recommendations for increasing effectiveness.
*Work with all departments and groups, including instruction, admission, development, athletics, alumni, parent board and other constituents in developing their web presence to achieve their objectives. Train individuals and group as appropriate and/or implement resulting plans.
Online Marketing and Communications:
*Design and send emails and newsletters to various communities.
*Recommend, develop and execute plans for online marketing via SEO, SEM and Facebook and other online opportunities as appropriate. Develop go-to market strategy and creative approach. Evaluate participation for future optimization.
*Support team with social media participation on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram and others as added.
*Be familiar with updates and trends in online media in order to suggest new opportunities for marketing and communications.
*Develop a full understanding of the Graland brand and how to communicate that brand online.
*Manage the photography and videography of events on campus including working with parent volunteer photographers. Prepare photo and video files for website by completing basic editing and uploading files to website and YouTube.
*Other duties as assigned or as needed to support team.
Be active participant on four-person communications team.
Be a collaborative and supportive member of the Graland Community who…
- Models caring, respect, patience, and appreciation of differences,
- Provides a safe environment for students,
- Upholds school, employee and family confidentiality,
- Represents school in position and in community – understands voice of school,
- Participates in effective communication that is responsible, descriptive, and nonjudgmental
- Adheres to all school policies and procedures
- As needed offers support during after-hours
- Likes to work with people and create solutions
- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience with website management and online marketing.
- Experience with content management systems (Whipplehill/Blackbaud preferred).
- Possess basic CSS and HTML knowledge.
- Experience creating effective advertising campaigns on Google Ad Words and on Facebook.
- Analytical skills and ability to produce reports using Google Analytics.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite. Basic Adobe Suite skills preferred.
- Moderate skills in using digital camera, video camera, and video editing.
- Extremely resourceful, highly creative and high energy, able to brainstorm and implement new ideas.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to manage a high volume of projects simultaneously.
- Interest and knowledge in staying updated on new technology solutions and trends in online media.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for an opening, please send your letter of interest and resume to:
Assistant to the Head of School
No phone calls please