If you are considering a career opportunity with the goal of making a difference, consider joining the dedicated people at History Colorado. Our professionals inspire generations to find wonder and meaning in our past and to engage in creating a better Colorado. The History Colorado Center is a location convenient to downtown shopping, restaurants, and cultural facilities in the Golden Triangle district. In addition to a great location, we offer fantastic benefits including:
Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including a PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans
Medical and dental health plans
Employer supplemented Health Savings Account
Paid life insurance
Short- and long-term disability coverage
10 paid holidays per year plus 12 hours of vacation and 6.66 hours of sick leave a month
Free RTD EcoPass (Denver Metro locations)
BenefitHub state employee discount program
CafeWell employee wellness program
Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training and more
HISTORY COLORADO has a strong commitment to diversity and cultural competence. We welcome responses from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Description of Job
History Colorado is searching for a highly creative Digital Marketing Manager with experience and excellent skills in digital media marketing, web content management, Google analytics, writing and editing, email communications, social media design and implementation, SEM and project management. The Digital Marketing Manager will lead our digital marketing team focusing on developing and managing online and digital marketing strategy in order to provide the best online experience for our visitors.
This is a non-classified, full-time position in the Division of Marketing & Communications, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer.
The Digital Marketing Manager will provide vision and oversee History Colorado's online presence by conceptualizing, articulating, and executing integrated digital marketing strategies. The manager to lead our digital marketing team integrating the disciplines of branding, digital marketing, mobile marketing, e-communications, website, SEO, strategic technology development, and research as it relates to social, mobile, and any new digital platforms. Through the ongoing adoption of new media technologies, the manager will develop and implement web and online communications in support of History Colorado's brand and strategic plan goals of audience engagement, stewardship of collections, and long-term sustainability. Charged with creating and implementing a work plan for interactive media, the manager will:
- Combine their knowledge of the web and digital marketing with business acumen to bring greater brand awareness, and increase audience engagement.
- Own the digital marketing plan and budget to ensure the marketing department and organizational goals are met.
- Lead strategy and direction for all digital marketing programs, including display, organic and paid social, web development, SEO, and email marketing.
- Utilize creative thinking and data driven strategies to develop digital programs that will grow engagement.
- Work with the broader marketing team to develop high-level creative campaigns that effectively communicate the brand's positioning and key messaging points to the target audience.
- Maintain effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging
- Monitor web analytics to ensure site traffic and conversion funnels are performing as expected, as well as gaining insights for growth
- Work in collaboration with communications and other colleagues to develop feature story ideas (editorial, video, and/or photographic) for the online environment.
- Identify trends in education, museum operations, and preservation and make recommendations for enhanced features and technology as they apply to digital communications.
- Ensure institutional adherence to History Colorado policies, state guidelines, and professional content, usability, and design standards.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- We are seeking a professional with 5+ years of digital marketing experience in a corporate, cultural, or nonprofit environment.
- Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in digital media, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Proven ability to manage a team and project management experience is preferred.
- Must possess excellent technology, oral, writing, and editing skills and be proficient in Google analytics, content web management systems such as Drupal, and other related digital marketing software tools.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and to travel by car or air, typically for periods of less than one week in duration.
- A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted as part of the selection process. Felony convictions or conviction of crimes of moral turpitude or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Supplemental Information
- Cover Letter, not to exceed two typewritten pages, double-spaced describing why you are the ideal candidate for this position.
- Three Reference contacts