BuyQ is a mission-driven group purchasing organization specifically for public charter schools. We help charter schools direct more dollars to the classroom by providing access to competitively bid group purchasing contracts with top national supply vendors. We also partner with unique, innovative and mission-aligned companies to bring their products and services to the charter school market at scale. We deliver value to customers and partners by aggregating the combined purchasing power of our 3,500+ charter school participants and are proud to save our customers over $15 million each year.
About the Job:
BuyQ is seeking our first Digital Marketing Manager to help take BuyQ’s marketing to the next level. Reporting directly to and working closely with the Co-Founder and CMO, the Digital Marketing Manager will analyze our current marketing strategies, refine and improve current activities where necessary, develop new ideas and marketing campaigns, and implement, manage and track marketing activities moving forward. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ marketing experience, with exposure to a wide range of marketing areas with an emphasis in inbound and digital marketing.
Given BuyQ’s entrepreneurial environment, you will also be called upon and can expand your role by contributing new problem-solving ideas, assisting on projects outside your normal day-to-day activities and taking advantage of other opportunities as they arise.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated by the opportunity to further our mission and create positive outcomes for our charter school customers. Come join our small but growing team!
What You’ll Do:
- Refine, develop and lead BuyQ’s digital marketing strategy to grow BuyQ’s charter school membership list and increase sales through our awarded contracts and other vendor programs.
- Create and execute multi-channel digital marketing campaigns leveraging e-mail marketing, SEO, web, marketing automation, social media, content and analytics.
- Manage BuyQ’s social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook), including creating original, compelling content that aligns with BuyQ’s brand.
- Manage BuyQ’s editorial calendar, including managing a team of freelance writers contributing to the BuyQ Resource Center and sourcing appropriate vendor-driven content and promotions.
- Manage BuyQ’s email marketing strategies and campaigns, including monthly newsletter, announcements, event invitations, and drip campaigns.
- Manage, optimize and make content updates to BuyQ’s website.
- Work with BuyQ’s business development and customer success team to identity and segment customers and prospects and measure success of marketing campaigns.
- Contribute to the development of print marketing materials including brochures, one-pagers, ads, etc.
- Contribute to the planning and coordination of BuyQ’s sponsorship of and exhibits at industry conferences, approx. 4-6 a year, including travel as necessary.
- Work effectively with awarded vendors and channel partner marketing departments to meet objectives and evaluate efficient and effective co-marketing opportunities.
- Oversee external agency and contractor relationships and manage interns, as necessary.
- Develop marketing strategies for new and existing products.
- Drive marketing activities with data and improve key metrics.
- Anything else needed to ensure we are fulfilling our mission!
What We’ll Love About You:
- You believe in and are motivated by our mission to support of the financial sustainability of charter schools
- You consider yourself a marketing technologist, with an expertise in content
- You are excited about working for an early stage, entrepreneurial company and are ready to pitch in wherever necessary
- You’re positive, generally happy, and a joy to be around
- You are inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- You thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- You are equally happy developing strategy as you are managing the tactical, nitty-gritty details
What You’ll Love About Us:
- We are a mission-driven, social enterprise. We serve schools and look to create positive outcomes for them above all else.
- We are a growing, early stage company. You will be one of our first hires and report directly to the CMO, giving you great insight into the company and significant opportunities to contribute to our growth, and grow along with us.
- We offer competitive compensation including performance bonuses, health benefits and a 401k with match.
- Our office is in a WeWork space in downtown Denver and comes with a range of awesome amenities and networking opportunities (all the coffee and kombucha you can drink!). And, we offer flexibility to work from home.
- We value freedom and flexibility and are willing to provide a work schedule that meets your needs.
- We offer generous, flexible paid time off for all full-time employees.
- We value fun and look for opportunities to have fun together outside the office.
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience; with a minimum of 5 years’ marketing experience covering a wide range of marketing activities, with strong expertise in inbound and digital marketing
- Experience with a wide variety of marketing technologies, including WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Pardot, and Salesforce
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen and judgment
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and proactive with a team mentality
- A strong work ethic – willing to go the extra mile to serve our customers
- Ability to travel (job requires up to 10% travel)
- College grad with a BA/BS, MBA a plus
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.