The Financial Planning Association is the largest professional membership association for Certified Financial Planners™ and also includes members who support the financial planning process. With 23,000 members and 86 chapters, FPA represents and serves its members through professional education offerings, business development support, advocacy efforts and networking opportunities. As the organizational community for CFP® professionals, the FPA staff is dedicated to creating an exceptional experience for its members and volunteer leaders while moving the profession of financial planning forward.
Overview of Position
FPA is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) who has an agile and entrepreneurial mindset and can build consensus with a wide range of stakeholders around key marketing initiatives. In this role, the DMM will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and will partner with business leaders to build actionable plans for driving revenue growth, overcoming business challenges, and meeting short and long-term goals.
The DMM manages the implementation of all web and social marketing communications with a primary focus on messaging and telling the FPA story across the associations’ wide array of distribution channels. In addition, the DMM will analyze FPA’s current digital marketing state and consult with department team personnel regarding strategy, tactics, roles and responsibilities. The successful candidate will offer a blend of strategic and tactical expertise.
- The DMM will be known as the digital marketing advisor to FPA departments and executive management, driving acceptance of digital marketing best practices throughout the association.
- The DMM will lead the implementation of digital lead generation campaigns, website marketing, content marketing, SEM and SEO techniques reflecting proven best practices.
- The DMM will exhibit excellent email marketing acumen, both in strategy and in execution. Experience using InformZ is a plus, but not a prerequisite if you have proven experience using other email marketing platforms.
- Content creation and distribution across social, web, print and email.
- Digital analysis across web, social, email, and data by using best practices to set goals, measure success, analyze and report results.
- Communicate proactively with FPA leadership on program progress providing feedback, reports, and recommendations relative to marketing performance.
- Maintains thought leadership competitiveness of interactive marketing and digital communications trends by staying current via continuous learning, attending conferences and/or becoming a member of industry groups or associations.
- Assist with goal setting and the development of key performance indicators for measuring success.
- Analyze complex data sets to identify trends, meaningful insights, and overall business implications.
- Support the team with ROI analysis and analytics to justify decisions and aid in resource prioritization.
- Develop and apply market segmentation to measure business results and drive strategies that drive incremental value to the organization.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and influence decision making with senior leaders in a matrix environment
- 5+ years of marketing experience leveraging analytics to drive strategic business decisions
- Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop/InDesign, Google AdWords, Google Analytics. Experienced in digital marketing practices, CRM and social management tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, strategic communications, business administration, or related field.
- Ability to face conflict/challenges head on while addressing them in a tactful and diplomatic way.
- Passion for driving progress while combining both creative and critical thinking skills to solve complex or loosely defined problems.
- Ability to boil complex business challenges down to brief overview documents with digestible and actionable business plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in the financial services industry or at an association a plus.
- Managing content marketing programs including email and social automation processes and platform integration.
FPA as a Learning Organization
By committing to be a learning organization, we believe in learning from experience and experimentation. We support the creation, acquisition and transfer of knowledge and commit to modifying our behaviors and protocols to reflect new knowledge, insights and strategies. We believe that acquiring knowledge and innovating fast enough is the key to thriving in a rapidly changing environment. We promote a learning organization work environment that is open to creative thought. We embrace the concept that solutions to ongoing work-related challenges are available inside each one of us. We cultivate and champion the ability to think critically and creatively, the ability to communicate ideas and concepts, and the ability to engage others in healthy cooperative processes that result in exquisite inquiry and action.
To realize the above, we believe in the following five core cultural values:
We are looking for a confident, energetic, and intellectually curious person to join our team. To apply, submit a cover letter and qualifications, to Ron Zwerin (email@example.com) detailing your experience and how you think you can help FPA in its mission to be an indispensable force in the advancement of today’s CFP® professional.
We will not review or respond to submissions that don’t adhere to the cover letter guidelines.